IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic 2022 - April 29th - May 1st

thanatos

So who's going?  I've got my hotel booked, hopefully nothing crazy happens to prevent the trip this time.  Can't believe it was 3 years ago since the last one I got to go to.

As usual, I plan to have my CoCo 3 on display which usually just runs the Donkey Kong emulator most of the weekend.  Though with current fads I might have the Wordle game running, kind of reminds me of the year all the different systems had Flappy Bird ports.

19 hours ago, H454 said:

Never been. I only learned about it 5 years ago?

Is there something more than just a big swap meet and card games for the events( from what I see on the website)?

Tons of free play arcade, pinball, pretty much every gaming console that ever existed, and a big collection of old computers in the museum area, all set up for gaming on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frankodragon said:

I went last year to find donor carts and was kind of disappointed of the insane prices especially vendors who used ebay to price their games.  Maybe I'll go this year either on a Saturday or Sunday, and if the weather cooperates.

Ever since the move downtown the vendor prices have all gone up.  You're not going to find many amazing deals anymore, those days are long gone.

Well, after reading the MGC website, and it basically saying we don't have c19 requirements unless major something changes.

And that Milwaukee dropped their mask mandate at the beginning of march, I put in for time off at work.

It will be nice to be a human being again - you know - spending much too money on things I don't need, surrounded by people I don't know doing the same. And getting slightly annoyed by the thing whole as the day goes on. ;)

Are there any cheap hotel / motels outside of Milwaukee that are decent? Stuff even 30 min east would be good.

I would driving in from Minn. / St. Paul area. A six hour drive both ways kinda takes this out of the realm of day trip.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

.....and now not only do I have a hotel room, but I also have an Amtrak ticket! My wife and I share one car, and taking Amtrak is easier (and cheaper) than leaving her the car and renting a car! The station is only a few blocks from my hotel (and ergo the Wisconsin Center).

On 3/31/2022 at 2:03 PM, Dauber said:

.....and now not only do I have a hotel room, but I also have an Amtrak ticket! My wife and I share one car, and taking Amtrak is easier (and cheaper) than leaving her the car and renting a car! The station is only a few blocks from my hotel (and ergo the Wisconsin Center).

I know the amtrak station there very well, that the stop where megabus dropped me off when I went to MGC before it got moved to wisconsin center.
I'll have to pass on this year again I like to drive down there so I can bring stuff for a jagfest section(if there is one)or even for my own booth for AVC Online.
no car or license by then so can't go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...