IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

Here is one of, if not the last YT interview of the Intellivision Entertainment CEO saying a launch update/date would be given by end of Feb 2022.  No launch date was ever provided. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Albert said:

Where has this been stated?  And did it come directly from Intellivision Entertainment?  And if so, what exactly are they planning?  Please provide a link or links.

..Al

The CFO went over it in an interview.  I prefer not to speculate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcBWw4tO00

The new plan he described is to start with a small production run locally, and then ramp up production in Asia while reducing costs over time.

(You can call it moving the goalpost, but the company adapted after facing problems in 2020/21.)

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

What is the "soft launch"????

A softlaunch means to start with a smaller production for a limited market before rolling out mass production for your intended market.

Edited by mr_me
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The CFO went over it in an interview.  I prefer not to speculate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcBWw4tO00

(You can call it moving the goalpost, but the company adapted after facing problems in 2020/21.)

A softlaunch means to start with a smaller production for a limited market before rolling out mass production for your intended market.

Thats the same interview where the CFO touched on the subject of selling the whole company if I recall. Ill have to rewatch later tonight.  This video is from 8 months ago now. This video has 1.9k views, so only a fraction of the people that ordered Amico know about this alleged “soft launch”

So, the question now, Mr Me, are these random YT interviews “official” and reliable?  So much of what is said in YT videos and forum/social media by Intellivision Entertainment management is NEVER added to the FAQ of official website/newsletter. 

Also, never officially added to Republic/Fig investment, or not in a timely manner. 

The people that dont watch these random videos and interviews can only go by newsletters and the official website, and places like Gamestop pre order pages. 

Edited by Rev

I googled: Intellivision Amico launch date. 

If someone was searching for info they might also see this as a top search result.  The Wikipedia page. First paragraph:    “the console is currently indefinitely delayed”

285D8456-30E0-428B-90FD-AE4CEF64E964.jpeg

8E61DE68-A913-434E-A8A9-2CA90CE73A63.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

Mr Me, and others.   What do you think of Intellivision Entertainment no longer refunding peoples Amico preorders?  

Thanks for asking my opinion , I'm flattered.  I think if you try to get money from someone that doesn't have any, they might be slow getting back to you.

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thats the same interview where the CFO touched on the subject of selling the whole company if I recall. Ill have to rewatch later tonight.  This video is from 8 months ago now. This video has 1.9k views, so only a fraction of the people that ordered Amico know about this alleged “soft launch”

So, the question now, Mr Me, are these random YT interviews “official” and reliable?  So much of what is said in YT videos and forum/social media by Intellivision Entertainment management is NEVER added to the FAQ of official website/newsletter. 

Also, never officially added to Republic/Fig investment, or not in a timely manner. 

The people that dont watch these random videos and interviews can only go by newsletters and the official website, and places like Gamestop pre order pages. 

People don't normally know all the business plans of private companies.  Don't see why it would be on their web site.  When it comes to SEC regulated investing, I imagine there are rules requiring disclosure of information, and that's what companies share publicly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Atari vs Intellivision?????  ?

Atari vs Intellivision these days is like the impersonators of two former champion boxers, forty years past their prime, having a drunken brawl in the car park outside a title fight that they're under the delusion that they still ought to be a part of.

The winner might not particularly matter, but it's sure fun to watch at times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

Atari vs Intellivision these days is like the impersonators of two former champion boxers, forty years past their prime, having a drunken brawl in the car park outside a title fight that they're under the delusion that they still ought to be a part of.

The winner might not particularly matter, but it's sure fun to watch at times.

This kinda describes me as a retro video game player and collector!?

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Mr Me, and others.   What do you think of Intellivision Entertainment no longer refunding peoples Amico preorders?  

I think it's dirty. Guy I know is still waiting.

There is no soft launch. There is no launch period. They can even update when any launch is. At the end of the day they continually kick the can down the road. It still isn't 100% ready.

The quiet time is really most likely them firing people while waiting to find someone who wants to buy their IPs. Fire people to try and stay afloat as long as you can.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Where has this been stated?  And did it come directly from Intellivision Entertainment?  And if so, what exactly are they planning?  Please provide a link or links.

..Al

The CFO did two interviews at about the same time.  He talks more about their shift in manufacturing strategies, ie. softlaunch, in this one.  Skip to about 1:05

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nlYbJ0p8DtQ

Edited by mr_me

10 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They haven't had a launch date since last summer.  Last we heard, they were looking for funding/financing for operations and manufacturing.

But there was official launch windows. 

21895CCD-A48D-4F2E-B03A-8E7DD394E028.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They haven't had a launch date since last summer.  Last we heard, they were looking for funding/financing for operations and manufacturing.

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

21895CCD-A48D-4F2E-B03A-8E7DD394E028.jpeg

This in fact the Game Stop date would go with what they said about first quarter. So they missed 5 self imposed dates/timelines. There isn't even a soft launch.

As far as what the company says, various spokespersons have given dates deadlines, said SNAFOO was a pack in then not, no ports all exclusives/oh no direct ports with exclusive stuff, physical games/physical media/oops I mean product, all original games included, not included, 5-7 launch games, NFTs/no NFTs/NFTs, never do crowdfunding or take money before you can play it/4 crowdfunding campaigns, various game promises (ToeJam)/ how many Wouldn't that be Somethings? It comes a point that after so much in which they themselves misinformed everyone that you either have to decide if you want to take the word of a company who isn't reliable (and there's way more than I listed here).

Where is that manufacturing update we were suppose to get?

• Like 3

If you were unhappy with Snafoo not being a packin you didn't have to preorder an Amico.  If you're unhappy with any change to the product you didn't have to preorder.  Preordering was never a requirement to get an Amico.

I don't see how they can update us on manufacturing if there is nothing to update.

50 minutes ago, Rev said:

You're a lot more optimistic on their targets than I was.  It I told you we were targeting to have a meeting by the end of the month, would you show up on the 30th or wait for confirmation.

29 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

This in fact the Game Stop date would go with what they said about first quarter. So they missed 5 self imposed dates/timelines. There isn't even a soft launch.

If a soft launch is producing relatively few units and not publicizing it, surely not making any production units at all and trying to bury it is just the softest of launches? ?

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you were unhappy with Snafoo not being a packin you didn't have to preorder an Amico.  If you're unhappy with any change to the product you didn't have to preorder.  Preordering was never a requirement to get an Amico.

I don't see how they can update us on manufacturing if there is nothing to update.

You're a lot more optimistic on their targets than I was.  It I told you we were targeting to have a meeting by the end of the month, would you show up on the 30th or wait for confirmation.

If you told me you were targeting a meeting by the end of the month and then never did, I would probably stop believing everything you said prior to that and after that because it would be clear to me you were unreliable and couldn't accomplish basic tasks.  I certainly wouldn't continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were credible or doing what you claimed you were doing.    

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, mr_me said:

What about people who invested based on the various promises that will never come to be?

32 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you didn't have it by the 30th I'd say you were unreliable and should get organized or stop lying about your capability to meet your deadlines and promises. You saying the meeting is by the end of the month is confirmation that it is by the end of the month. You giving or not giving a specific date doesn't change you missing the date/timeline/being unreliable.

29 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

If a soft launch is producing relatively few units and not publicizing it, surely not making any production units at all and trying to bury it is just the softest of launches? ?

That's a flacid launch.

Edited by MrBeefy
PEAK spelling!
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

If you told me you were targeting a meeting by the end of the month and then never did, I would probably stop believing everything you said prior to that and after that because it would be clear to me you were unreliable and couldn't accomplish basic tasks.  I certainly wouldn't continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were credible or doing what you claimed you were doing.    

Remember how IE couldn't even make their own big day in August? That was just one of the many things showing how much of a cluster it was. The delay of the event announcing their first delay. It's like poetic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bojay1997 said:

We already knew they were unreliable.

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

What about people who invested based on the various promises that will never come to be?

If you read the disclosures, the risks would have been covered.  As far as the product itself, not sure if much changed after April 2021 when the Republic/Fig investment closed.

Edited by mr_me

Just now, mr_me said:

If you read the disclosures, all the risks would have been covered.  As far as the product itself, not sure if much changed after April 2021 when the Republic/Fig investment closed.

Disclosures didn't cover all the talks and promises made. Constant goalpost moving/changing of plans/etc have continued after that time.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

We already knew they were unreliable.

Do you really know that? You are acting like their talk of a soft launch is reliable.