IGNORED

Is the Amico dead?

Tinman

44 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you were unhappy with Snafoo not being a packin you didn't have to preorder an Amico.  If you're unhappy with any change to the product you didn't have to preorder.  Preordering was never a requirement to get an Amico.

I don't see how they can update us on manufacturing if there is nothing to update.

You're a lot more optimistic on their targets than I was.  It I told you we were targeting to have a meeting by the end of the month, would you show up on the 30th or wait for confirmation.

Just because i showed their official launch windows, doesnt mean I believed them. 

All this speculation is pointless. Their former CEO and current president has thousands of posts on here. Surely he could come out and explain himself, even if the answer is “this is a very difficult update to write.”

@Tommy Tallarico do you have anything to say to your adoring public here?

If he doesn’t show up, not saying anything still makes a statement. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Do you really know that? You are acting like their talk of a soft launch is reliable. 

We were discussing their marketing plans and I pointed out how their shift to a softlaunch would impact their marketing plans and budget.  Their launch plan changed, that we know.  We don't know when it's happening, didn't say anything about that.

11 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

No shit man. You couldn’t shut him up for two years now he’s silent as a mouse. 

He's no longer the CEO.  If the company wants to be quiet on discussion forums, then that's how it is.  It's not up to him.

Edited by mr_me

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

We were discussing their marketing plans and I pointed out how their shift to a softlaunch would impact their marketing plans and budget.  Their launch plan changed, that we know.  We don't know when it's happening, didn't say anything about that.

He's no longer the CEO.  If the company wants to be quiet on discussion forums, then that's how it is.  It's not up to him.

You still have not provided actual official source for this softlaunch.  An 8 month old youtube interview video with the financial officer is NOT a reliable source. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

All this speculation is pointless. Their former CEO and current president has thousands of posts on here. Surely he could come out and explain himself, even if the answer is “this is a very difficult update to write.”

@Tommy Tallarico do you have anything to say to your adoring public here?

If he doesn’t show up, not saying anything still makes a statement. 

This will have to do for now….

• Like 3

I was looking for that quote when the previous CEO said that they would never use crowdfunding.  See this is the beauty of the internet, nothing goes away and we can look back and see what things stayed consistent. Unfortunately the only thing that has stayed consistent is that the Amico still hasn't launched.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I was looking for that quote when the previous CEO said that they would never use crowdfunding.  See this is the beauty of the internet, nothing goes away and we can look back and see what things stayed consistent. Unfortunately the only thing that has stayed consistent is that the Amico still hasn't launched.

Well, to be consistent, you cant believe Youtube interviews.  ?

46 minutes ago, Rev said:

64A48B97-0340-4628-A6B1-8C15F79CF74D.thumb.jpeg.f25c4cbdc4ee644f822351110060d169.jpeg

So, do you think that a company that does not have any money to refund people, will be able to have a console softlaunch?   

I've known companies that at one time couldn't pay their employees but twenty years later are doing very well.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

I've known companies that at one time couldn't pay their employees but twenty years later are doing very well.

Amico is having a softlaunch in 20 years?  What are you talking about?

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Rev said:

Amico is doing the softlaunch in 20 years?  What are you talking about?

If that's the case it would be Amico v3.

57 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Notice in the video he's talking about consumers and crowdfunding.  He's clearly talking about kickstarter style rewards funding where consumers prepay in full in order to get the product.  Completely different than Republic/Fig revenue share investing.  

Edited by mr_me

53 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Notice in the video he's talking about consumers and crowdfunding.  He's clearly talking about kickstarter style rewards funding where consumers prepay in full in order to get the product.  Completely different than Republic/Fig revenue share investing.  

No it's not.  Fig is crowdfunding.  It literally says that in the first line of the description of their company - "A rewards and investment crowdfunding platform for video games".  Just stop.  Nobody needs you to keep white knighting for the Amico unless you also plan on refunding all the people who now can't get refunds from an essentially defunct company.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, mr_me said:

There are different types of crowdfunding.  In the video he's clearly talking about consumers buying Amicos and not revenue share investing or equity investing.

Why the constant nitpicking? Maybe there's a "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead!" resignation at the same time I don't see how being a stickler makes anything any better.

The company and the now 2 CEOs said and then reversed quite a few statements, that is all in the open. The technicalities of different crowdfundings makes zero difference vis-à-vis they saying "no crowdfunding" etc...etc... 

I'd like to know if you are connected to IE in any way, sort or shape. Maybe you are an unofficial PR or something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With all due respect to TT, and the reason he is no longer CEO,...I heard he was dealing with an ailing father (And this is extremely relatable for me), and I do wish him the best, esp. on that front.

But for all the times he set us straight with a hand wave to all concerns,  and his use of words like Investors (when ever anyone mentioned how solvent the company was), Couch Co-op (Lessee,  was this the Future of Gaming?  I get confused), Family Friendly (just annoying really, but I get it), and my fave, Market Research (which evidently meant, No Worries!  Amico Fans won't buy a Switch or already have one)...Well,  I just wish he'd show up one more time here to truly set the record straight...Maybe let us know what happened with each of these buzzwords he used like a shield from all questions and constructive criticisms.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, phoenixdownita said:

I'd like to know if you are connected to IE in any way, sort or shape. Maybe you are an unofficial PR or something.

@mr_me

I was also kind of curious about this,...But my guess was always just that you had high hopes for this thing and wanted it to succeed,  Not that there's anything wrong with that,  per se...And,  none of my business anyway really,  but I wondered if you had a pre-order, Founder's Edition perhaps?  And never asked for a refund and now were hoping for the best?

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

They were still asking the public for funding.  We can call it different names, but they still asked for public funding when they said they never would. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Why the constant nitpicking? Maybe there's a "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead!" resignation at the same time I don't see how being a stickler makes anything any better.

The company and the now 2 CEOs said and then reversed quite a few statements, that is all in the open. The technicalities of different crowdfundings makes zero difference vis-à-vis they saying "no crowdfunding" etc...etc... 

I would like to know this too, because he is the only person here trying to defend the company at this point.  Not saying he shouldn't be able to, but it is very interesting how he has a way to spin every critique at IE, like he has a list of all critical talking points with IE's approved answers. 

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

WAIT A DAMN SECOND!!!!

WHERE THE F$+& IS MY PLAYMOBIL GAME?!!!!!!

I forgot about that!

There were so many promises that you can't keep track of all of them. If you had watched as many of those streams as I did years ago to get information for my thread you would have seen a bunch of inaccuracies.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

There are different types of crowdfunding.  In the video he's clearly talking about consumers buying Amicos and not revenue share investing or equity investing.

He flat out said they wouldn't take money before you could play the console. You can try to split hairs about two types of crowdfunding but the fact is he lied about that. Also Fig is a rewards based system of crowdfunding, Republic is investing crowdfunding. Intellivision used both. 

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

With all due respect to TT, and the reason he is no longer CEO,...I heard he was dealing with an ailing father (And this is extremely relatable for me), and I do wish him the best, esp. on that front.

But for all the times he set us straight with a hand wave to all concerns,  and his use of words like Investors (when ever anyone mentioned how solvent the company was), Couch Co-op (Lessee,  was this the Future of Gaming?  I get confused), Family Friendly (just annoying really, but I get it), and my fave, Market Research (which evidently meant, No Worries!  Amico Fans won't buy a Switch or already have one)...Well,  I just wish he'd show up one more time here to truly set the record straight...Maybe let us know what happened with each of these buzzwords he used like a shield from all questions and constructive criticisms.

He will call you a phoney and tell you to go apologize to your family like he did about me before he ran to his safe zone FB group. ? Total projection on his part.

Bottom line is, if he felt like he couldn't manipulate you with such talk, he would get mad and call you a hater or whatever. It's what happened to a lot of us who loved the idea of the console, but didn't accept everything as gospel with no evidence. 

If you expect him to say he was wrong on anything you will never get it. He couldn't even admit to spelling peek wrong on their trailers. Made up a lie about it being a joke and innuendo. That is a tiny thing he couldn't admit to.

He doesn't have the integrity to do what you would like him too because he doesn't have that quality.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Chip shortage, pandemic, etc etc… nothing explains how Cornhole looks WORSE than it did two years ago. Man that latest video is just awful. At this point I’m thinking to buy a 5200 to get their version.

I didn't know this but the Switch has cornhole in a game called Party Arcade.  Has anyone on here tried it?  Does it use motion controls?

Review: Party Arcade | GamingBoulevard

Party Arcade First 15 minutes of gameplay #PS4 - YouTube

Edited by atarifan88
  • Like 2