IGNORED

Question about Sony BVM-A32E1WM

Hiyodori

First time posting on this forum. Not sure where would be the 100% correct place for this question so apologizes for any mistakes. My question is what is the average price for the Sony BVM-A32E1WM (this link is not the seller I am inquiring about, just a picture of the CRT) with a BVR-15, but no 86X card for analogue input. I am not sure about the usage hours as I have not contacted the seller yet, so for the purpose of a generic estimate, average usage hours is fine. One other question is that I located a site by the name of castlemania.com or something like that name that has developed a card that can be used instead of the original 86x, if anyone has any experience or hearsay knowledge about it's reliability, that would be very useful information. I wasn't planning on buying such a  high end CRT for playing old school games on the systems I have; however, it seems like it's a good deal and comes with a guarantee from the company. (It's overseas)

Thanks in advance to all those that answer.

Cheers,

Hiyodori

Edited by Hiyodori

I see you really are a gambling man :) Shipping CRTs is usually a very risky business, shipping them from overseas can double (quadruple?) that, plus if something goes wrong now or later what are you going to do? Send it back on a guarantee? This will most likely cost you an arm an leg.

Anyway, I've already stated my opinion about this venture in your other thread, and as the poster above says, it's rather unlikely you will get more info about this extremely rare model here. If you're really dead set on buying it best ask on r/crtgaming subreddit or in the hardware section of https://shmups.system11.org/ People there specialize in this kind of CRTs and it's your best bet probably.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 2:27 AM, cmeister92 said:

I'm not sure you're going to get much help on this question here. That's not a common CRT and CRT prices are fairly region dependent since many of them are local sales. Perhaps, you might check with one of the CRT-specific facebook groups like The CRT Collective.

Thanks for the info, I will definitely search for some groups!

On 3/23/2022 at 2:39 AM, youxia said:

I see you really are a gambling man :) Shipping CRTs is usually a very risky business, shipping them from overseas can double (quadruple?) that, plus if something goes wrong now or later what are you going to do? Send it back on a guarantee? This will most likely cost you an arm an leg.

Anyway, I've already stated my opinion about this venture in your other thread, and as the poster above says, it's rather unlikely you will get more info about this extremely rare model here. If you're really dead set on buying it best ask on r/crtgaming subreddit or in the hardware section of https://shmups.system11.org/ People there specialize in this kind of CRTs and it's your best bet probably.

Youxia, I really appreciate your responses and ideas on both of my posts. I am currently in contact with the seller and I myself also live overseas in the country and do not have to have it shipped overseas. Luckily, the CRT does come with a guarantee and the seller is honest about all the issues with the set (which seem to be quite minor). I will respond in the other thread with the issues at the moment. I will also check out https://shmups.system11.org/ and reddit as well. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...

The SONY BVM-A32E1WM has arrived. The controller seems to power on properly and the button issue is localized to 3 buttons that still seem to function fine with a little bit of play. It is missing screws on the side like the monitor, but I am not sure what they are for. They could be perhaps for mounting purposes. As for the monitor, the Sony badge is missing as in the image of the sale; however, I didn't notice this before. Hopefully I can easily pick up a Sony emblem somewhere that fits the spot. (If anyone knows where to get one, feel free to let me know, that would be very helpful) The monitor powers on. It takes a while to warm up, but begins with a white screen that says no sync. The white image seems to be solid. However, after about 15 seconds, it does something similar to an auto degaussing effect and then the screen goes blank. I will have to download the user's manual, but that seems like something that should happen since the controller is not hooked up and likely happens automatically so that no one leaves the screen on that page. On the case, there a few scuffs here and there, but otherwise not bad at all. I have ordered the SONY SMF-700 cable to hook up the controller to the monitor and will post again with the results (good or bad). I am anxious to see the operation hours on the set. Once I can see whether the set is functioning properly, I will order the analog input card from the castlemania.com and start to hook up consoles via RGB. Anyways, if anyone is interested in the results of this venture, feel free to let me know.

DSC_1010_compress80.jpg

DSC_1014_compress60.jpg

DSC_1015_compress30.jpg

DSC_1017_compress17.jpg

DSC_1018_compress18.jpg

DSC_1020_compress27.jpg

DSC_1021_compress95.jpg

• Like 1