IGNORED

SubLogic's Night Mission Pinball Manual Instructions

gilsaluki

I have had this disk forever.  Want to play it.  No instructions and cannot find them anywhere.  Anyone have a PDF copy?  Does it use paddles (with my joystick only the left flipper works)?  With Paddles, I cannot launch the ball.  Strange setup.  I think the game may use some of the keyboard keys.  

Thanks.  I saw that for sale as well.  A Youtube reviewer, oddly enough, had the same issue, couldn't figure out how to make the right flipper to work.  It requires two joysticks.  Works fine.  Weird configuration.  Uses a few keyboard controls as well.  Play action is really good.  But for ease of use, David's Midnight Magic cannot be beat.

My guess for the weird input configuration on the Atari is due to it being an Apple II port. On the Apple II, the original game controllers were a pair of analog paddles (to support Woz's Breakout). So, two paddles with one button each. Later the two potentiometers and two buttons from the paddles were merged into a single joystick with two buttons. On the Apple II, a player could comfortably hold a paddle in each hand and press the fire button on each - or - employ the two buttons on a single joystick.

When the game was ported from the Apple II to the Atari, they must've decided to adhere to the Apple's two button input. I suppose if someone were to use paddles on the Atari version, then the input might seem less awkward.