IGNORED

2600 dev on chromebook?

Tod frye

Hello Tod,

I think, I can help with that, since I've build Stella for several architectures. But I don't have a chromebook, so I can't do a "holding hands" approach. What I've seen so far that there are ways to get an environment that's capable of running the command line and the package manager "apt".

Once you've got that, I can help you with a more current version of Stella than what's available in the official apt repository and the assembler that's been mostly used here (dasm).

And about 2600 coding on ARM in general: that's no problem, I've done this quite some time on a couple of Raspberry Pis over the years.

Hope this helps,

SvOlli

• Like 2

@SvOlli Thanks for offering your support. And I am sure you can get it working.

But the current Stella team cannot maintain any more platforms on top of the existing ones. So what we need here is long term support for Stella on Chromebooks. Some volunteer(s) who make sure, that the version for Chromebooks gets updated when a new version of Stella is released. Either by becoming a member of the core Stella team or as an external supporter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello Tod,

I've got an update for running Stella on the Chromebook. Since this week Stella is now available on flathub as a flatpak for installation. There are setup instruction for Chrome OS available at the flatpak website.

The flathub build will be maintained not by the Stella team, but by me. You can consider it "semi-official" as some ports on the official Stella downloads page are already done by me as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

You may want to update the launcher screenshot.

You might want to update the launcher screenshot on https://stella-emu.github.io/screenshots.html then, because there where all screenshots are taken from. ;-)

I don't know if the images are linked directly on the flathub page, or if they are copied over during the build process, or if its something in between, though.