IGNORED

Retro-computing Museum destroyed in Ukraine

RobertB

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/retro-computing-museum-in-ukraine-destroyed-by-russian-bomb/

Commodores, Amigas, and others destroyed.  Fortunately, no one was hurt.

Truly,

Robert Bernardo

Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm

Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

June 25-26 Commodore Los Angeles Super Show 2022 - http://www.portcommodore.com/class

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

• 2 weeks later...

As a retro fan if this is true,that’s the most unforgiving warcrime i can possibly imagine,this war must be stop before more history stuff will getting destroyed,well i hope that those destroyed computers will be remade/reproduced,am mean you cannot win a war by destroying a computer museum,that’s dumb,ouch?????

3 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

As a retro fan if this is true,that’s the most unforgiving warcrime i can possibly imagine,this war must be stop before more history stuff will getting destroyed,well i hope that those destroyed computers will be remade/reproduced,am mean you cannot win a war by destroying a computer museum,that’s dumb,ouch?????

There are REAL war crimes being committed against the people of Ukraine.  The loss of vintage computers is nothing.

4 minutes ago, tep392 said:

There are REAL war crimes being committed against the people of Ukraine.  The loss of vintage computers is nothing.

That is true, and yet the Russians are also destroying the culture and national infrastructure of the non-Russian nation they invaded. 

This is exactly what [Invoke Godwin's Law] what the Nazis did when they conquered other countries...yeah I said it because history is repeating itself.

I just can’t get over this why russia have destroyed a retro computer musuem in ukraine ,it has nothing to do with oekraine’s history or with ukraine’s militairy activities,damn if i was the owner of that retro musseum and i knew that russia would also destroy civillian targets including houses,hoapitals,museums,theaters etc,, i would,ve moved all those retro stuff into a bunker 300 milines inside the earth to make sure that those retro stuff are pretty much save from destruction,but as a retro fan of old computers i almost got sleepless nights because of this shit what happemed.

russia i like your history and your country but please stop this f@ckin nonsense pointless war.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2022 at 2:15 PM, johannesmutlu said:

I just can’t get over this why russia have destroyed a retro computer musuem in ukraine ,it has nothing to do with oekraine’s history or with ukraine’s militairy activities

I don't think they said "Retrocomputers! Blow'em up!" They're just mowing down everything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keatah said:

I don't think they said "Retrocomputers! Blow'em up!" They're just mowing down everything.

This.  War is hell.  Warfare incurs plenty of collateral damage in everything, including people and culture.

6 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

This.  War is hell.  Warfare incurs plenty of collateral damage in everything, including people and culture.

Well, actually war is a lot more about the collateral damage than anything else.

Everything that happens to the civilians is what ends up making a war a war and not a single one of those things is something one would like to remember, including the perpetrators who usually need to "decorate"/retro-correct their often inhumane acts as something else.

7 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

Well, actually war is a lot more about the collateral damage than anything else.

My statement stands.

3 hours ago, Keatah said:

The defective presidents and leaders have structural issues and no connect between the two parts.

Bastiat would remind you that leaders do not become leaders without the electorate.