IGNORED

Need Help Identifying these Intellivision Carts

MRnuff

Hello friends, 

I just picked up these carts from an Estate of a Principal Engineer that worked for Mattel in 82-84. I was wondering if you can help me identify these cartridges. 

All these were in a Intellivision II lot with a console that had an incredible low serial number of 00661.

Thank you in advance

P1012563.JPG

P1012564.JPG

• Like 4

Interesting.  Mind Strike (or some version of it) is the one on the upper right.

But I see the one on the upper left has a removable EPROM (or ROM).  That could be a test cart of some sort.

Does that Intv II work?  Try them out.  Maybe BSR Steve might know?  What was the person's last name?  Do you feel comfortable letting us know?

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1

Your gonna have to plug them in to test.

Top two look to be Pinball and Mind Strike. It would be interesting to see if they are same versions as production carts. The bottom 2 will need to be plugged into a system to check unless there are other ID #s on back side.

You can send to me to test out if need be.

?

Great find.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

Interesting.  Mind Strike (or some version of it) is the one on the upper right.

But I see the one on the upper left has a removable EPROM (or ROM).  That could be a test cart of some sort.

Does that Intv II work?  Try them out.  Maybe BSR Steve might know?  What was the person's last name?  Do you feel comfortable letting us know?

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to test console need to clean it first. 

8 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Your gonna have to plug them in to test.

Top two look to be Pinball and Mind Strike. It would be interesting to see if they are same versions as production carts. The bottom 2 will need to be plugged into a system to check unless there are other ID #s on back side.

You can send to me to test out if need be.

?

Great find.

Are the top two considered prototypes? Is it okay to test in any intellivision 2 console, no additional attachments needed?

3 minutes ago, MRnuff said:

Are the top two considered prototypes? Is it okay to test in any intellivision 2 console, no additional attachments needed?

Maybe tester carts for Pinball and Mindstrike. Should be fine in an Inty 2. Very curious to see. Might want to buy all these from you. ?

• Like 2

Yes, looks to be ok to plug into system to test.

Plug in a regular game cart to system first to test it and make sure its working properly.

Then you will know if the test boards are good.

Keep us posted! We are interested in seeing some screen shots of title screens and game screens.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Was there any paperwork with any of the Intellivision or Aquarius stuff you picked up? Catalogs, internal documents, etc? 

No other stuff with the aquarius, the Intv 2 console did come with a computer module and computer keyboard and a guide for the computer module.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

Here are some unique circuit boards. Maybe protos. 

Mattel NFL Football on an Activision PCB. 

Tennis and Boxing on the small  PCBs. These two Mattel games are never on this particular PCB. 

23594E0D-7B2D-4766-9AFD-C70FD6AA45D5.jpeg

Why would NFL football be on an Activision pcb?

15 hours ago, Rev said:

More unique PCBs. You never see the white on the pcbs, also hand written sticker on the eeproms (found like that) and Frog Bog and Snafu have the copper eeproms (never seen). 

6DF0E76B-E0A3-4060-96B5-17F16EB32063.jpeg

I call fake!  They were handmade by Rev ...

image.png.b3ed179f37d3be78950d60a6ed20d5bc.png

So obvious ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 3/28/2022 at 7:04 PM, MRnuff said:

No other stuff with the aquarius, the Intv 2 console did come with a computer module and computer keyboard and a guide for the computer module.

Cool, you got an ECS.  You'll need that to play Mind Strike.  I'm definitely excited to see videos of what's on those carts.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:33 PM, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Hi.

Nice find on the carts and Aquarius items.

Im not sure if your an Avid collector or not, but you have some special items! Great of you to have the insight to save these items.

If you ever decide to sell them off, be sure to let me know. You will probably get alot of emails from people trying to buy them. I dont want to be a bother to you or one of the ones trying to get you to sell. I just wanted to let you know i am interested if you ever sell and to keep my name in mind..  (to sell or trade for other items).

Also, when you finally test them.. let us all know. It is exciting for all of us as well to see items like this!

Thanks,

Roger

2 hours ago, Zendocon said:

Cool, you got an ECS.  You'll need that to play Mind Strike.  I'm definitely excited to see videos of what's on those carts.

I have a computer module with keyboard

Found the generic datasheet for the Pinball ROM chip.  I suspect that the above board's Pinball game is either the release version or close to it since the word "PINBALL" is professionally printed on it (rather than hand-written as would be during development).  Thought this was kind of neat to share.

Intellivision ROM - Solid State Scientific SCM23C120.pdf

• Like 3