IGNORED

Tesla Con Texas

SpiceWare

Anybody else going to Tesla Con Texas in Austin?

Austin's Tesla Club is having some social meetups on April 5th and 6th, and a Main Event with speakers like Sandy Munro on April 8th. 

These are on either side of Tesla's Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo on April 7th.

I've taken off work on the 7th and 8th and have my ticket for the Main Event. I've only seen a few people with invites so far for the Cyber Rodeo, so don't yet know if I'll be able to attend that.

Yes, I plan on attending the Tesla Con.  I don't have high hopes of getting into the Giga Texas Cyber Rodeo.  Their capacity is limited to 15,000, and given they are sending out +1 invites, most of them are likely to go to employees, influencers, journalists, and people who are connected to Tesla in some fashion.  It seems unlikely that many owners in the Austin area are going to get tickets.  :(

..Al

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get an invite for the Cyber Rodeo, so watched the event via livestream.

Tesla Con Texas was quite fun, with people attending from as far away as Australia.

People drove from across North America to attend - I parked next to a couple new Plaid Model Xs from Nevada and Pennsylvania, and a Model 3 from Florida was at the end of the row. A number of people drove down from Canada, don't know if anybody drove up from Mexico.

IMG_2679.thumb.JPG.64f9e1d252407b4962102314419ec86e.JPG

Bluebonnets were in bloom around the parking lot:

IMG_2680.thumb.JPG.44ae6f7a36e03aa4e79359423bce0a99.JPG

Line to get in was long:

IMG_2685.thumb.JPG.31d80633b886004562efb213505a6670.JPG

IMG_2686.thumb.JPG.3cfb25296ad9f8279aa08aabc71533a4.JPG

Doors opened late, though they came through the line ahead of time to scan our tickets and give us wrist bands - so once the doors opened we just walked right in.

The Concourse Project was a nice, basically a small concert venue with room for about 2000 people. There was a stage on one end with bars along the other 3 walls.  There was very little seating so I spent the day standing except when I sat at picnic table during lunch in the food truck area.

Speakers were great, especially enjoyed Sandy Monro.

• 2 weeks later...