IGNORED

Dumping a Command Module

Hans23

Hi,

a friend of mine got ahold of this cartridge and asked me for help with dumping it in a FG99 compatible format:

PXL_20220403_105824786.thumb.jpg.70c115397dbe2f17bf4e91bca320d2f0.jpg

I'm not sure if an image of this is floating around already - I've done a quick search and could not find it, so I thought I'd dump it myself.  I understand that in order to dump a cartridge, a program like the attached CSAVE-Misc-02 is required, and one needs to have a way to run that program while the cartridge is inserted (or a multi-cart adapter, which I don't have).  Thus, I have copied the CSAVE files onto my TIPI:

image.thumb.png.9f5ef5feca7adc569f453ceb554fd56c.png

I was now hoping/assuming that I could use CALL TIPI("CSAVE-EA5") to start the dumping program, but when I try to, the console just restarts.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there another/better way to dump Command Modules?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hans

CSAVE-Misc-02.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy - I was missing that I have to include the device name when loading, so CALL TIPI("DSK0.CSAVE-EA5") totally did the trick!

3 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Could that be the international version of "Video-Graphs"? The English version would be https://ftp.whtech.com/Cartridges/MAME/zip/vgraphs.zip

Yes, it has three language versions.

Now that I have the two GROM files, what do I need to do to get them into a FG99 compatible format?  CSAVE showed this:

PXL_20220403_115021434.thumb.jpg.43cb800323cab86a28b3bd0beeeede52.jpg

• Like 5

Computergrafik/Video Graphes/Computer Art is the same cartridge as Video Graphs, but it is the European variant of the cartridge. As noted, it is multilingual, whereas the US version is not. The GROM number for Video Graphs is CD2019, and the numbers for the GROMs in Computergrafik are CD2041 and CD2042.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2022 at 6:56 PM, Hans23 said:

Oh boy - I was missing that I have to include the device name when loading, so CALL TIPI("DSK0.CSAVE-EA5") totally did the trick!

Yes, it has three language versions.

Now that I have the two GROM files, what do I need to do to get them into a FG99 compatible format?  CSAVE showed this:

PXL_20220403_115021434.thumb.jpg.43cb800323cab86a28b3bd0beeeede52.jpg

Have you tried module creater ?   At https://www.ti99-geek.nl/

under modules. By @F.G. Kaal

• Like 1

I make RXB modules all the time.

1. Use RYTE DATA GPL Assembler to make a GPL Object files from Source.

2. Use GPL*LOADER from RYTE DATA to load the object code into GRAM (Turn off write protect in Options of Classic99)

3. Use CSAVE like above to save GRAMs 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 as a file on DSK3 in Classic99

4. Use Windows 10 version of HEX EDITOR NEO to edit the files on DSK3 in Classic99 to remove file header and extra end bytes

then copy and past all into a single file and save as RXB2022G.bin

For ROM Classic99 Editor Assembler.

1. Assembly Source Assembly file to Classic99 DSK8 in Classic99

2. Use Editor Assembler option 3 to load the object file created.

3. Use CSAVE like above to save file just loaded as ROM3 to DSK8 in Classic99

4. Use Windows 10 version of HEX EDITOR NEO to edit the file on DSK8 in Classic99 to remove file header and extra end bytes

then load normal RXB XB ROMs from 2022 and add 3rd ROM file I just created to those.

5. Save that file as RXB2022C.bin

• Like 3