IGNORED

ABBUC hardware contest 2022

Sleepy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

Now all we need is someone who can patch MIDI-Maze (maybe even add in the MIDIcar as an extra option besides "850", "MIDI", etc.) and maybe all the other software written for the MIDI-Mate (compatible) interface.  :D

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I can't promise because PeBe has many tasks to do with MIDIcar at this moment. Maybe I'm wrong but the S2 module feature on 1088XLD is based on SIO transmission -  like SIO2MIDI, so it's little bit harder to save time discipline during load/save data and play music... e.g. I heard some delays during play Mission Impossible song... Sending data to S2 based on MIDIcar is very simple.. just three ST(AXY)  to register and POKEY is pretty free ?

Probably MIDI functionality will be implemented in PeBe's SFX Tracker, it's very likely with feature for SIO2MIDI...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, pancio said:

I heard some delays during play Mission Impossible song... Sending data to S2 based on MIDIcar is very simple.. just three ST(AXY)  to register and POKEY is pretty free ?

Those delays had nothing to do with file loading, since the file is played from memory after transfer from the disk. Most likely what you are noticing is that the Midi-CLK is not being used by that player, so is not synced. A good player would sync up with the CLK.

Thank you for clarification. So it's possible to use CLK generated by PIC for synchronization by using MIDI_CLK connected to SIO_CLK on pin 9 but mentioned player doesn't use it. For me SIO2MIDI was a milestone for Atari8 and MIDI and I'm fascinated how easy may play songs on Atari. Thanks for that! ? When I prototyping MIDIcar I  followed your project as well. (music bonus at start - the best!). but during analyze, I decided use only one receive/send register for communication instead mixed PIA/POKEY registers for simplicity. MIDIcar hasn't MIDI_CLK as separate signal - just only serial tick is synchronized with 31250Hz - rests timers being produced on the Atari by software...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello pancio

3 hours ago, pancio said:

Newest version of PeBe's player can play files bigger than 42KB (to 1MB):

Will it autodetect which bits (PIA) are used?  And if the memory upgrade is RAMBO or CompyShop compatible?

Sincerely

Mathy

I'm using it with Hias based SRAM module with configuration PORTB 2,3,5,6,7 - it's common access for Antic and CPU for additional 512KB. I asked PeBe for autodetect method... Need to check with u1M but I've it installed in 800XL.. unfortunately, version of MIDIcar using PBi is still in development stage...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today PeBe released MCPlayer v.1.1 which has a few new features like music progress bar, free memory indicator, help and counter design button.

Don't be hesitate when you'll vote for best software on ABBUC Software competition ?

Specially for you I prepared short music suite. Have fun!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

After the last ballots were cast live at the AGM, the result is now known:

The MIDIcar of pancio was classified by the members in category 2. The ABBUC supports the project with 300 €.

Maybe you have heard about another result. The result was corrected from category "4", as announced at the AGM, to "2"!

Unfortunately, there was an error on Saturday when entering the ballots cast on site, which caused the contribution to be erroneously classified in category 4. Fortunately, the mistake was noticed during the post-processing of the results.

43 members voted, 27 of them online via the form on the homepage and 16 votes were submitted on site.

Congratulations to pancio!

• Like 2