IGNORED

Temple of the False Gods

ultima

Those are some nice looking playfield graphics with some great perspective being used for the background. If the player interacts smoothly walking up and down the stairs, that's going to make for some fun and immersive gaming! I really like the artwork for the main character as well! Excellent start!

- James

• Like 2

I got the working copy on my Funkey S under the sdl retro app with the stella 2014 core. Worked out a inventory system this weekend then coded it this morning . Will continue on framework this week. Needs sound fx, the main game loop of events is soaking in my cranium to see where we start, end, and challenges in between. I suspect crossing the Euphrates will happen via Frogger-style or even Pitfall! perhaps. And I am also figuring out James request that the stairs are actually interactive you may even be able to jump on them lol.

Funkey S working copy.png

Edited by ultima
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, KevKelley said:

Neat. I love how it goes up the stairs and my characters moves. I liked exploring. I did fall off the stairs in the building and kind of fell down and seemed stuck in the wall. 

Hey KevKelley do you know which screen you were on when you fell off the stairs? I'll need to look into that before adding anything else, if the player does get stuck you can always go to inventory to exit game which is a soft reset.

1 hour ago, ultima said:

Hey KevKelley do you know which screen you were on when you fell off the stairs? I'll need to look into that before adding anything else, if the player does get stuck you can always go to inventory to exit game which is a soft reset.

While on the bottom steps if I press down it doesn't let me go down but on the top steps it does let me go. I was playing using Emu2600 XL on my phone and my finger slipped.

Screenshot_20220531-000128~2.png

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Just saw this now. Any chance of this being further developed? I named my son Enkidu, so you just know this would be right up my alley. Only game with a similar setting that I can think of is River of Light, which came with Adventure Construction Set. I will admit that your title made wonder, though. ;)