IGNORED

Stupus Intellivision Homebrew Scene Timeline Release List Including Variants!

stupus

Christmas Carol first went on sale at the CGE 2012, so that would be 08/11/2012 -- that was the grand debut.

When we returned, we had to fix a bug before general availability, but I do not know if that matters terribly for your timeline.

I consider the August date the official release date.

dZ.

Stonix - Intelligentvision 8/15/2004
Minehunter - Intelligentvision 12/16/2004
4-Tris - Intelligentvision 8/25/2005 (pre-order date; the game was shipped in September 2005) (100 copies)
Same game & Robots - Intelligentvision 11/28/2005 (pre-order date; the game was shipped in December 2005)

League of Light - Unknown [ ;) ] 7/16/2007

Robot Rubble - Unknown [ ;) ] 7/16/2007
Space Patrol (First Version) - Left Turn Only 12/13/2007 (pre-order date; the game was shipped on 3/18/2008)

4-Tris (LTO re-release) - Left Turn Only 12/13/2007 (pre-order date; the game was shipped on 6/20/2008 in Europe) (100 or 150 copies)
Intelligentvision Repro Boxes Set 1 - Intelligentvision 1/15/2008

it was definitely more complicated than I thought but this is what I found digging in my old mailbox

• Thanks 1

@stupus,

How do you define a "variant" for your list?  I ask because the Christmas Carol game has been released and re-released a few times with ROM variations to fix bugs (and perhaps some minor physical differences, like the special edition clear cartridge).  Do those count?  Or do you just count the ones that come out with distinct physical assets, like a re-release of a game with a different box, etc?

What about ROM releases?  Do you include those?  If so, only the ones released for money or any free ROM?

-dZ.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Simon that is great help!!! :)

Any chance you have the dates for me. Pacman and me. Night stalker? That would finish it I and intelligentvision then I think...guess I need to find the lot flash debut date too.

2 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

@stupus,

How do you define a "variant" for your list?  I ask because the Christmas Carol game has been released and re-released a few times with ROM variations to fix bugs (and perhaps some minor physical differences, like the special edition clear cartridge).  Do those count?  Or do you just count the ones that come out with distinct physical assets, like a re-release of a game with a different box, etc?

What about ROM releases?  Do you include those?  If so, only the ones released for money or any free ROM?

-dZ.

I really would love to list every variant regardless how small. Only thing I am not adding to the list is rom only releases...unless someone else would like to help with that info then I'm fine to include it.

If you have dates for every difference that would be great!

I was going to ask about the special editions too. 

I also started adding number of copies to the list. So if you know numbers or roughly that would be great too!!

Thanks! :)

Even your book I want to list if you have a date for it too!

My "Ms. Night Stalker is now available" email from David is dated October 8, 2014 and it says shipping was to start on October 20.

My Ms. Pac-Man email receipt is dated January 6, 2015. I think I bought it as soon as it went on sale.

Hopefully this helps you out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mthompson said:

My "Ms. Night Stalker is now available" email from David is dated October 8, 2014 and it says shipping was to start on October 20.

My Ms. Pac-Man email receipt is dated January 6, 2015. I think I bought it as soon as it went on sale.

Hopefully this helps you out.

That's wonderful, Thanks!

If you have dates for all the items you made it would be great too!

I don't think that 1/5/2015 was the order open date for ms. Pacman. That was the first ship day.

On that day David had emailed me to say he had opened orders 2 weeks ago but he did not give an exact day.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:20 AM, stupus said:

Yes, its cib. Only place i saw it publicly offered was by willy on fb in very limited supply.

There will be lots more coming. The official release date has not been announced yet. Everything depends on availability of the JLP boards & shell availability (or compatible alternatives). 

I have sold 4-5 CIB copies myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2022 at 12:36 PM, stupus said:

Thanks Simon that is great help!!! :)

Any chance you have the dates for me. Pacman and me. Night stalker? That would finish it I and intelligentvision then I think...guess I need to find the lot flash debut date too.

I really would love to list every variant regardless how small. Only thing I am not adding to the list is rom only releases...unless someone else would like to help with that info then I'm fine to include it.

If you have dates for every difference that would be great!

I was going to ask about the special editions too. 

I also started adding number of copies to the list. So if you know numbers or roughly that would be great too!!

Thanks! :)

Even your book I want to list if you have a date for it too!

Aye! Aye! Sir!

I'll do what I can.  I think I have dates related to my releases somewhere.  I know I posted it once on another thread discussing something similar a few years ago.

-dZ.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kamikazi26 said:

There will be lots more coming. The official release date has not been announced yet. Everything depends on availability of the JLP boards & shell availability (or compatible alternatives). 

I have sold 4-5 CIB copies myself. 

I will be selling plenty more as soon as carts become available. 

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 2:35 AM, Rev said:

Will Willy be offering more copies of Klax in the near future, do you know?

I had a few copies that I have already sold. However, Steve in Toronto was supposed to do the release, but I believe that all the copies (over 100) were sent to Intellivision Collector for the main release. 

5 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

Aye! Aye! Sir!

I'll do what I can.  I think I have dates related to my releases somewhere.  I know I posted it once on another thread discussing something similar a few years ago.

-dZ.

Thanks! That would be great :)

33 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Klax is not an Elektronite release. It's easy to tell if a game is an Elektronite game. They say 'Elektronite' on them. 

So who is considered the publisher for Rick dynamite?

2 minutes ago, stupus said:

Thanks! That would be great :)

So who is considered the publisher for Rick dynamite?

Homebrew, Inc. is the publisher for Rick Dynamite. That title was supposed to be released by Naberhood Games as a "Homebrew, Inc." game, but he dropped out. Rather than let the title sit, I sent 150 copies to Intellivision Revolution to sell. They sold out of all the copies they had I believe. Apparently, they weren't shrink wrapped. Since then, I have located the Homebrew, Inc. serial numbers and I started selling copies that are shrink wrapped and have serial numbers. All copies going forward will be serial numbered with a Homebrew, Inc. serial number. However, I do not have any copies to sell at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Games For Your Intellivision said:

Homebrew, Inc. is the publisher for Rick Dynamite. That title was supposed to be released by Naberhood Games as a "Homebrew, Inc." game, but he dropped out. Rather than let the title sit, I sent 150 copies to Intellivision Revolution to sell. They sold out of all the copies they had I believe. Apparently, they weren't shrink wrapped. Since then, I have located the Homebrew, Inc. serial numbers and I started selling copies that are shrink wrapped and have serial numbers. All copies going forward will be serial numbered with a Homebrew, Inc. serial number. However, I do not have any copies to sell at the moment. 

What serial number will they start at? 151? If 1 isn't spoken for..... ?

On 4/5/2022 at 7:21 PM, stupus said:

Thanks! Hmmm...rev has them on his site as 2005 though? Can we say what is correct for sure?

They came out year after SameGame & Robots. 2007 sounds about right as it was roughly a year before Space Patrol came out.

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Thanks 1

#2: Stonix - Intelligentvision (250 copies)
#3: Minehunter - Intelligentvision (150 copies)

V2: 4-Tris - Intelligentvision (100 copies)
#4: Same game & Robots - Intelligentvision (150 copies)

#5: League of Light - Unknown (100 copies)

#6: Robot Rubble - Unknown (100 copies)

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2022 at 7:29 PM, stupus said:

Thanks! That's perfect then! :) Rev needs to update too then!

Can we really not call "unknown" out 15 years later now? Rev does on his website...So I was going to here unless he wants me not to?

Can you help with any of the other dates for those first handful of homebrews?

Sadly I had not caught the homebrew fever yet for those first releases :(

I couldn't seem to even find exact dates for the Philly classic 2001.

..."unknown" was incase there were issues with Activision, as they were still producing games. Dont forget this was back in early 2000s and noone was sure about the legal issues in regards to making the games. Im guessing its ok now.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, stupus said:

Do you by chance have exact dates or quantities of the 3 orphan overlay releases you did?

I will need to look at some old paperwork to know for sure, but i do know i started shipping the very first sets in September of 2002. I believe i didnt even charge for the first couple sets because i was just making them for friends at that point. This was before they were numbered or in a box. I know this because I almost was not involved in the boxes and overlays for Stonix because i was making the overlays. But luckily i was able to be involved and do the artwork.

The other 2 dates you have for series 2 & series 3 look to be correct (not sure about the month though) as i started producing them in boxes during the first 4 Intelligentvision games.

Ill need to get back to you on quantities. I know i gave a couple interviews where i answered that question, but years later someone (probably here on AA) corrected me by telling me he has a set with a later # than i had stated.

So, maybe we will need collectors input as well as some old records.

(We didnt keep good records back then did we..lol)

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog

12 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

They came out year after SameGame & Robots. 2007 sounds about right as it was roughly a year before Space Patrol came out.

SameGame & Robots was released in 2005.  Space Patrol was released in 2007.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I will need to look at some old paperwork to know for sure, but i do know i started shipping the very first sets in September of 2002. I believe i didnt even charge for the first couple sets because i was just making them for friends at that point. This was before they were numbered or in a box. I know this because I almost was not involved in the boxes and overlays for Stonix because i was making the overlays. But luckily i was able to be involved and do the artwork.

The other 2 dates you have for series 2 & series 3 look to be correct (not sure about the month though) as i started producing them in boxes during the first 4 Intelligentvision games.

Ill need to get back to you on quantities. I know i gave a couple interviews where i answered that question, but years later someone (probably here on AA) corrected me by telling me he has a set with a later # than i had stated.

So, maybe we will need collectors input as well as some old records.

(We didnt keep good records back then did we..lol)

Thanks! Any other info you can provide would be great!

I figured now that the homebrew scene is over 20 years old its about time we document it all before its lost forever.

Who knows maybe someday some people will be as obsessed with inty homebrew info as we are with original inty games. Probably not but you never know :)

57 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

I think Space Patrol was released in 2008... unless i am mistaken?

It was announced for sale in December 2007 and shipped in 2008. So your both right :)