IGNORED

Messing around with jaguar CDs

Wilco

I have put every single jag CD game I own in an audio CD player, just to see what would happen, here are the results.

Hoverstrike, works fine as an audio CD. 5 tracks 

Primal Rage, works fine as an audio CD, but some tracks are very short, less than a second in some cases. 29 tracks

Space Ace, seems to work, it plays the audio of the clip, I won't listen to the full thing so I don't know if it truly works well. 1 track

World Tour Racing, doesn't work, its just screeching, scared the shit out of me. 2 tracks

Battlemorph Rev. B, doesn't work, this one also screeches, I sure am glad I bought the sountrack with this game :). 10 tracks

VidGrid, I got a warning that I should not play this disc on an audio CD player, and then some demonic sounding noises. I had never heard this before and I will record this later on and update the thread. 17 tracks, but only the first one has sound. 

Blue Lightning, doesn't work, it will only play one track, it plays it fine but all the other music from the game is unavalible. 1 track.

Baldies, doesn't work, it only plays the intro tune, I believe all other music from the game is .MOD music, so that would make sense. 1 track

Myst, works well enough, there isn't much music in the game, it will play a 2 minute track with every single song on it and then it ends. 1 track

Myst DEMO, same as Myst, suprisingly. It makes me wonder if the full game is on that disc. 1 track

I have not tried any game that I do not own, once I get a new game I'll update the thread.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, doctor_shred said:

It's a pity that Blue Lightning does only play the one song as an audio CD. The other tunes are great but aren't in the right format.

That’s a known issue? At first I thought my CD player may not be reading the disc correctly, as it started having some issues after testing Battlemorph. 

14 hours ago, Wilco said:

VidGrid, I got a warning that I should not play this disc on an audio CD player, and then some demonic sounding noises.

AVGN made a joke about this. He ended his Amiga CD32 episode with a cliffhanger, showing a game with such a warning.

What happened next: ( @ 1:24, timestamped )

Edited by Buffalo Biff Burgertime
disabled emoji
  • Thanks 1