IGNORED

5200 Edladdin Joystick

5200Fanatic

I've said it before, but I am excitedly (and patiently) looking forward to the new 5200 stick. Edladdin's 7800 stick made my good Atari gaming to an even higher level. To have a similar product for my favorite Atari system? Sky's the limit!

• Like 3

Couldn't say it any better than @ace2184 just above.  Count me IN like Flynn.  I have several reasonably good 5200 solutions (adapters, PC analog sticks, Retro Game Boyz sticks), but this looks like the ultimate way to use the 5200.  Can. Not.  Wait.    But will because we all want you to take your time and perfect it to your high standards.  :)

• Like 2

I'm going to be the first to issue a 'concern' with the design, and I'm not wanting to be the bad guy. This is constructive criticism. I'm not real hip on the joystick being right above the spinner because I'm thinking my wrist is going to be resting on the spinner, which is going to be awkward and probably uncomfortable. If that design stays that way, I would probably find myself detaching the spinner knob when I wasn't using it. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 6:41 PM, Cobra Kai said:

I'm going to be the first to issue a 'concern' with the design, and I'm not wanting to be the bad guy. This is constructive criticism. I'm not real hip on the joystick being right above the spinner because I'm thinking my wrist is going to be resting on the spinner, which is going to be awkward and probably uncomfortable. If that design stays that way, I would probably find myself detaching the spinner knob when I wasn't using it. 

No offense taken from your comments.  If it makes you feel any better, you were not the first to voice this concern.   

In the end, trying come up with a design with ambidextrous fire buttons, two primary control sets (joystick and knob), and the keypad did not leave us with any options that did not generate a squeeze for space.  What you see was what we felt was the best compromise.  But truly, every compromise is a compromise!

FWIW, my right hand tends to rest more on the keypad than bump the knob because my arms slant in from the sides.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, leech said:

Ha, like early Simpsons.  Also, 'eat my shorts!' Which was edited out of The Breakfast Club for TV, but was on Simpsons as a catch phrase of Bart a few years later!

LOL I never noticed that it was edited out. Too many commercial breaks to distract, I guess. What I did notice was when I was in Singapore, They replaced Taco Bell with Pizza Hut in Demolition Man because Pizza hut is global and Taco Bell is not. So odd...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2023 at 10:58 AM, Zonie said:

LOL I never noticed that it was edited out. Too many commercial breaks to distract, I guess. What I did notice was when I was in Singapore, They replaced Taco Bell with Pizza Hut in Demolition Man because Pizza hut is global and Taco Bell is not. So odd...

Ha, I think they changed that because the contracts with Taco Bell had ran out, and Pizza Hut paid for the exits.  Pretty sure I watched something about it at some point.

On 5/16/2023 at 7:27 PM, leech said:

Ha, I think they changed that because the contracts with Taco Bell had ran out, and Pizza Hut paid for the exits.  Pretty sure I watched something about it at some point.

No. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are owned by the same parent company, Yum Brands. It was changed since Pizza Hut is known all over the world. Taco Bell is not. Whatever you watched was probably somebody's assumption.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:12 PM, Zonie said:

No. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell are owned by the same parent company, Yum Brands. It was changed since Pizza Hut is known all over the world. Taco Bell is not. Whatever you watched was probably somebody's assumption.

Filmed on location in Southern California's beautiful San Fernando Valley.  When in Hollywood, visit Universal Studios.