IGNORED

Does anyone have a comprehensive List of Bagged Intellivision games that were produced?

I recently acquired another bagged version Intellivision game for my collection and was wondering if anyone has a list of documented games that were produced and sold in bags from Intellivision Inc. or INTV.  I know of a few like Spiker (with 3 bagged variants), some Intelliv Inc, and a couple Imagic games. Pics would be nice if possible!

• Like 1

My Super Pro Football came in a plastic bag with instruction.

I was a little (lot) disappointed.

However, when I played the game, it made up for it!

I think most of the next releases I got at Toys R Us.  So, boxed.  Until I bought the missing ones from JHC.  Most of those came in a Diner box with a photo copy of the real box in black and white glued on the box.

The really crazy part about that...  He was selling folded NEW boxes of these games at the time!

• Like 1

That’s a very interesting topic folks!

Is there any way to recognize an "original" plastic bag? I would say not…

I’ve seen now and then some games listed in plastic bags but couldn’t understand if they were in plastic bags just because the seller didn’t have the original box…

@Atari_Bill, could you please tell us if your 5 games have all the very same plastic bag and post some detailed pics of it?

The Locomotion and Boxing are Intellivision Inc aren’t they?

I can’t contribute to the list since I didn’t buy games in the ‘80ies but I’m interested in.?

7 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

I know but I didn't, it came that way but I did open both my different variations of Spiker back in 2000 or so before I knew they were so darn scarce. I did repent though and bought 2 more to replace them. But wasn't smart enough to take pics if the baggies before I sold them years later.

Volleyball LL W.jpg

Vollyball SP SL W.jpg

Nice!   Yes, the 2 bagged versions of Spiker are well documented so we know those are legit

9 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

I know but I didn't, it came that way but I did open both my different variations of Spiker back in 2000 or so before I knew they were so darn scarce. I did repent though and bought 2 more to replace them. But wasn't smart enough to take pics if the baggies before I sold them years later.

Volleyball LL W.jpg

Vollyball SP SL W.jpg

Great pics! I still need that "VOLLEYBALL" variant. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Morpheus said:

That’s a very interesting topic folks!

Is there any way to recognize an "original" plastic bag? I would say not…

I’ve seen now and then some games listed in plastic bags but couldn’t understand if they were in plastic bags just because the seller didn’t have the original box…

@Atari_Bill, could you please tell us if your 5 games have all the very same plastic bag and post some detailed pics of it?

The Locomotion and Boxing are Intellivision Inc aren’t they?

I can’t contribute to the list since I didn’t buy games in the ‘80ies but I’m interested in.?

Here’s a pic of mine. I stupidly opened the baggie for Spiker years ago and got rid of it.  As you can see, the locomotion and space battle are Mattel labels with I.I. manuals.   All bagged copies I’ve come across are barely larger than the carts with the manuals folded over like you see here. They all use the same feeling plastic bag.  

36C680C5-9C54-4830-8B75-F2A117CBE4BA.thumb.jpeg.5bd9241926b6fe928bf466e5b62a3cd2.jpeg

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Humblejack said:

Yikes Chris! You should never admit to such things in public. Those of us mere mortal collectors look up to you as the god of Intellivision who knows all and has all.

Lol. None of us has a complete collection. It wouldn't be any fun if I still didn't need things. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Here’s a pic of mine. I stupidly opened the baggie for Spiker years ago and got rid of it.  As you can see, the locomotion and space battle are Mattel labels with I.I. manuals.   All bagged copies I’ve come across are barely larger than the carts with the manuals folded over like you see here. They all use the same feeling plastic bag.  

36C680C5-9C54-4830-8B75-F2A117CBE4BA.thumb.jpeg.5bd9241926b6fe928bf466e5b62a3cd2.jpeg

Thanks a lot Bill!?

And they did all come without overlays didn’t they?

All,

Thanks for sharing your pics, very nice stuff, that I will probably see only on pictures… ?

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thanks a lot Bill!?

Still trying to get him to open them, eh???

We had a bin of Boxing carts and manuals that also had a bunch of overlays in it, so I think Boxing might have come with overlays. The various loose Boxing we are currently selling on eBay are some of those. Some of the cartridges found their way to Rev, since we were not going to be able to sell all of them.

Mine is shrink wrapped rather than bagged, but close enough. Color manual, at least one overlay, $3 price sticker. I only had a shrink wrapped copy of Utopia at the time and Keith was like NO YOU NEED TO PLAY THAT, and pulled it out of a box & gave it to me. Never opened it because it's technically still shrink wrapped so...

The price tag was odd, but he had a bunch of bagged/wrapped games in that box.

20220418_082345.jpg

20220418_082334.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 1:34 PM, Morpheus said:

Do we have here a possible explanation of the weird experiments that Keith R. was making?

Keith didn't Frankenstein these himself, he got them from someone else tied to Intellivision who'd already packaged them like this so they could be sold. (I don't remember who.) The intent was to sell them as they were, but he never got to it. I think there were only two boxes? There were only two in the Hermosa office, could've been more in storage and I've forgotten. They were under a desk and occasionally in the way.

I remember Keith's main experiments involving merch design because he enjoyed nitpicking the Running Man colors. ?

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 3:22 PM, Morpheus said:

Thanks a lot Bill!?

All,

Thanks for sharing your pics, very nice stuff, that I will probably see only on pictures… ?

You dont have any bagged variants Morpheus?

I figured you would have a couple.

3 hours ago, colormesticky said:

Keith didn't Frankenstein these himself, he got them from someone else tied to Intellivision who'd already packaged them like this so they could be sold. (I don't remember who.) The intent was to sell them as they were, but he never got to it. I think there were only two boxes? There were only two in the Hermosa office, could've been more in storage and I've forgotten. They were under a desk and occasionally in the way.

I remember Keith's main experiments involving merch design because he enjoyed nitpicking the Running Man colors. ?

Thank you for sharing this with us Colormesticky, very interesting!?

I totally agree: Keith had some (ultra rare) Frankenstein variants, he was not making any experiment…

And your sealed Utopia is awesome!!!

You did right not opening it!???

30 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

You dont have any bagged variants Morpheus?

I figured you would have a couple.

I wish I had Rog, but I don’t…?

And I’m afraid that it’s going to be almost impossible to distinguish on Ebay an original bagged game from a game without box sold in a simple plastic bag…

Let’s see if we can make a list for instance…

To date, documented, we have six games:

1 - Boxing white label, II manual

2 - Locomotion red label, II manual

3 - Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey

4 - Spiker, Volleyball label

5 - Tron Solar Sailor, II manual

6 - Utopia (violet label, manual that seems a Mattel one: @colormesticky could you please open it and send us some detailed pics of it???)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

And I’m afraid that it’s going to be almost impossible to distinguish on Ebay an original bagged game from a game without box sold in a simple plastic bag…

6 - Utopia (violet label, manual that seems a Mattel one: @colormesticky could you please open it and send us some detailed pics of it???)

No...  you can actually tell a bagged version from the 80s. Its pretty easy to distinguish for the collectors who have them & those that have had them before.

Pretty much all known bagged games can be confirmed by the sheer number of them & they all look similar.

When a new game shows up that has never been seen before, of course it will be suspect. But with help from the community and information from those who have first hand knowledge (like BSR Steve), we can figure it out.

About your list... I think there were 2 imagic games bagged on a card i saw years ago... wasnt there???

giphy95720g7C1jz13wI95fixed95width001951541971784229.gif

1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

I don't think that Utopia is originally shrinked. I think it was shrinked by a reseller to keep the overlays and manual connected to the cartridge.

Edited by BSRSteve