IGNORED

Does anyone have a comprehensive List of Bagged Intellivision games that were produced?

24 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

I don't think that Utopia is originally shrinked. I think it was shrinked by a reseller to keep the overlays and manual connected to the cartridge.

I agree.

The real bagged games are limited to those sold at the very end... when they were running out of produced boxes. 

I would say that the boxes with photo-copied black & white title, glued to different boxes (Slam Dunk, Mountain Madness, Diner, etc) came first. Then when boxes ran out, the games and manuals were bagged. (atleast that is what it looks to have happened). Ive never seen a Diner bagged version.. but i have seen many games with the black & white label glued to a Diner box. It makes sense that there were many extra Diner boxes after Diner was sold out.. so they used up the stock where they could.

Some of these bagged games have overlays & some dont. That is probably just a matter of how much overlay stock they had. I know my bagged TRON Solar Sailer has overlays.. i can see one peeking out thats slipped into the manual.

I think this would make an interesting project.

The good thing about collecting this variant (bagged intellivision games) is that they still show up from time to time... and they are not outrageously priced.

I remember my SP Football.  It was the very first game I got after the crash....  It came in a small brown cardboard shipping box,  the cart was in a clear plastic sealed bag with instructions.

May have ordered it from Triton?  I used to order a lot of stuff from them.  TI99 etc.

I later got a boxed version of SP football and it had an added paper saying something like the QB will show up when you hike the ball.  I honestly never noticed the QB missing.

My best friend and neighbor had ordered Championship Tennis and WC Soccer, I was excited to get new games again.  So I called and they said they had new games coming and SP Football was one of them.

They also talked about SP Auto Racing. I have been wanting this ever since!

Wish I still had those catalogs!

2 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

If you can get any original Intellivision in a box,why would you really want the same game in a plastic bag??

Just sayin'.

Because its something else to collect.. lol.

Once you have all 125 original games, you move onto acquiring Homebrews for your collection, or Variants... or Both!

Some of us have a sickness i think.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I remember my SP Football.  It was the very first game I got after the crash....  It came in a small brown cardboard shipping box,  the cart was in a clear plastic sealed bag with instructions.

May have ordered it from Triton?  I used to order a lot of stuff from them.  TI99 etc.

I later got a boxed version of SP football and it had an added paper saying something like the QB will show up when you hike the ball.  I honestly never noticed the QB missing.

My best friend and neighbor had ordered Championship Tennis and WC Soccer, I was excited to get new games again.  So I called and they said they had new games coming and SP Football was one of them.

They also talked about SP Auto Racing. I have been wanting this ever since!

Wish I still had those catalogs!

Which Catalog are you talking about? Triton?

20220418_181555.jpg

20220418_182558.jpg

20220418_182848.jpg

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog said:

Which Catalog are you talking about? Triton?

20220418_181555.jpg

The lighter blue one in the lower right corner.............................^^^^

I don't know if any of the others are triton? But that one certainly is.

They were one of my go to vendors BITD.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:31 PM, wolfy62 said:

If you can get any original Intellivision in a box,why would you really want the same game in a plastic bag??

Just sayin'.

Dunno Dude…

Dunno….

I just know that I have to do it…

Any possible ever existed variant of any  game, of any kind, all complete and, possibly, MINT!

I need them all…

ALL!!!!?

There is no if, no but, no other options.

I can’t explain, I just know that it’s the right thing to do.???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Dunno Dude…

Dunno….

I just know that I have to do it…

Any possible ever existed variant of any  game, of any kind, all complete and, possibly, MINT!

I need them all…

ALL!!!!?

There is no if, no but, no other options.

I can’t explain, I just know that it’s the right thing to do.???

I understand the whole collecting addiction and enjoy the hell out of it.

It's great fun!!!?

I just collect a little differently than others so I was just curious as a collector what is the draw for collecting bagged games.

It's just as right and ok as collecting anything else if it's the thing that you want to collect.

That's some of what makes collecting awesome. 

I just have parameters usually of where I have to draw the line for financial or space reasons.

Sorry,I have to go. I just remembered I have to go bid on something.....

On 4/22/2022 at 2:24 AM, wolfy62 said:

I understand the whole collecting addiction and enjoy the hell out of it.

It's great fun!!!?

I just collect a little differently than others so I was just curious as a collector what is the draw for collecting bagged games.

It's just as right and ok as collecting anything else if it's the thing that you want to collect.

That's some of what makes collecting awesome. 

I just have parameters usually of where I have to draw the line for financial or space reasons.

Sorry,I have to go. I just remembered I have to go bid on something.....

Hope you got that auction Dude!???

Jokes apart, collecting can be quite addictive and it’s important to pay attention to do not exagerate…

I find very interesting to learn all facts about the Intellivision legacy and baggied and Frankesteined variants makes sense to me…

Last but not least, I like to exchange opinions with other collectors and to share new variants’ findings!?

• Like 2