IGNORED

What Lynx games do you just absolutely hate?

T.A.P.

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I’m surprised to see that so many people dislike Electrocop. It’s one of my favorites. I love Gates of Zendocon pretty unreservedly too. Zarlor Mercenary just seems unfair, but that’s kinda par for the course.

I found Zarlor Mercenary more fun on the rare occasions I played over comlynx with a second player.

As for Electrocop, the built-in mini games where nice to have at computer terminals.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 7:29 PM, Cobra Kai said:

I can't stand to play Zarlor Mercenary, or Electrocop. Gates of Zendocon isn't that great either, but it's pretty to look at. 

Le gasp! Those are all amazing games. I can't begin to tell you how much time I've spent on either Electrocop or Gates of Zendocon, but it's easily in the hundreds.

Hyperdrome is just a fun killer, and will melt your brain if you stare at the screen too long. Hard Drivin' made me swear off of driving games, completely, until I found Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast. Gordo 106 is awful and depressing. And Ninja Gaiden III is just not the game for me, with its ear-splitting "music", awful graphics, and boring "plot". But I think that Tournament Cyberball or Hockey are the worst games on the system for me. I still can't play more than five minutes of either game at a time.

• Like 1

Ah yeah, classic Ninja Gaiden III where they decided to replace the infinite continues with just five continues and as a result I never managed to get past the 2nd level.

That probably was one of the more disappointing experiences in recent times for me on the Lynx.

Edited by Ninjabba
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'll be casting some unpopular votes...

Sadly the first one is Stun Runner. I hit a brick wall after the first 2 levels, while people who have never even heard of the game cruise through several levels on their first try. Heck, even if I don't touch the controls AT ALL on level 3, I get farther than I usually do. If anyone can tell me how high up (or low down) I should be riding the outside walls, I'd appreciate it - maybe I would enjoy this game a lot more.

Warbirds - death scene is too depressing.

European Soccer always gets better reviews than WC Fuzzball, but I actually like WC a lot better. The scrolling in European is so robotic that it reminds me of mowing the lawn.

Oddly I love Super Off Road on the Lynx. Mostly because, even if you lose the race, you can keep playing (sounds like most people wouldn't want to).

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, lymontyme said:

I'll be casting some unpopular votes...

Sadly the first one is Stun Runner. 

Oooh...

There are a number of long play videos on YouTube which really do help you with gameplay. I'm not the best player, but STUN Runner is certainly oe of the Lynx's top ten games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Oooh...

There are a number of long play videos on YouTube which really do help you with gameplay. I'm not the best player, but STUN Runner is certainly oe of the Lynx's top ten games.

Except Stun Runner has errors in the code that make the sled slow down on the sides. There's a thread around here about this, with the programmer included in the discussion. 

If you've played the arcade game, it makes the LYNX version cookoo bananas, because it handles opposite with the speed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Except Stun Runner has errors in the code that make the sled slow down on the sides. There's a thread around here about this, with the programmer included in the discussion. 

If you've played the arcade game, it makes the LYNX version cookoo bananas, because it handles opposite with the speed.

I haven't but maybe there'll be a unit at PRGE this year!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

CAUTION: Childhood exposure to the cockpit version made me a video game fiend for life.

The arcade version is better (and I’m relieved that what I see in the Lynx port actually is a bug and not my bad playing) but the Lynx port is the only port worth playing - the ST port is a bad joke.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

There are a number of long play videos on YouTube which really do help you with gameplay.

Thanks for this tip! I actually went on a TEAR tonight (well, for me). Here's how it went:

Level 1: no problem

Level 2: first try, FAILED :dunce: Second try: closed my eyes and just kept hitting A, made it through :roll:

Level 3: memorized from the video where the first 3 boost pads were, and hit all of them. I MADE IT!!! In fact managed to make it through 6 levels before finally succumbing to the 7th. That's the furthest I've ever gotten. Thanks again!

• Like 3

On 5/10/2022 at 11:54 AM, Cobra Kai said:

Yeah, Slime World is dope. I feel fortunate to have enjoyed that game multiplayer a few times. 

I finally got back into contact with my old buddy who also has a Lynx. Next time he's over we're gonna comlynx on that for the first time. Can't wait as the only game we ever played together back in the day was Xenophobe.

• Like 1