IGNORED

Fair price for a used working Xbox One?

Blazing Lazers

I'm in the market for one or two spare Xbox One consoles in working order with the power cords and ideally a controller. The prices at GameStop and a few local shops seem really high compared to how last-gen systems were priced in the past, and I'm not sure I can trust ones on eBay. So if anyone here can give insight on what fair prices are for a basic Xbox One console, I appreciate it.

You can estimate by using several sources. For example, GameStop’s trade in price in credit ($100) and cash ($80)

Historic completed eBay sales on PriceCharting, ($100-$120), down from $150 about a year ago. 

You can watch the auctions at ShopGoodwill.

So you won’t be paying less than $80, since anyone can pretty much pawn it for that much cash. You shouldn’t pay $270, because that comes with likely a GameStop warranty at a premium price. If you buy it online, there is always the risk it won’t work, (although I believe some auctions do have a *tested* tag and they will credit you if the console is defective. If you are paying about $150 you are in the fight ballpark.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

You can estimate by using several sources. For example, GameStop’s trade in price in credit ($100) and cash ($80)

Historic completed eBay sales on PriceCharting, ($100-$120), down from $150 about a year ago. 

You can watch the auctions at ShopGoodwill.

So you won’t be paying less than $80, since anyone can pretty much pawn it for that much cash. You shouldn’t pay $270, because that comes with likely a GameStop warranty at a premium price. If you buy it online, there is always the risk it won’t work, (although I believe some auctions do have a *tested* tag and they will credit you if the console is defective. If you are paying about $150 you are in the fight ballpark.

Thank you very much for the help and info! $150 more or less isn't too bad of a price. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I run a small part-time video game store and I just priced one in the store at $199.99. I did however take it all apart and clean it up and refurbish everything and clean the heatsinks up quite considerably. In my opinion $150 for an address working one is okay. Any of the stores around me that have went through them charge anywhere between $175 and about $240 for one but they are guaranteed to work. I think anywhere in that price range is fair as long as you're getting one that you know will work.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, Austin said:

It's crazy to me that these things are still holding their value. The days of last generation hardware being dumped at a dime a dozen are over.

My wife's friend "gave" us an xboxone recently in a box of crap they didn't want to take with them (moving) 

I've never really been an xbox guy and didn't really want it either, since it was last gen and kind of dirty looking I just popped it up on craigslist for 100 bucks, thinking I'd go as low as $50ish...

Yeah, that thing sold FAST with many many emails...

• Like 1