IGNORED

How 'Space Invaders' And Retro Games Caused Actual Medical Problems

It's basically Carpal Tunnel Sydrome because you're constantly bending & twisting your wrist more than usual, and it also happens when you spend many hours "working" with a computer keyboard and mouse.

Just take occasional breaks and, even better, rotate your hands as a warm up exercise to loosen the muscles.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

It's basically Carpal Tunnel Sydrome because you're constantly bending & twisting your wrist more than usual, and it also happens when you spend many hours "working" with a computer keyboard and mouse.

Just take occasional breaks and, even better, rotate your hands as a warm up exercise to loosen the muscles.

You end up with some horrible things when you work with your hands for years. If I close or clench my right hand, I get a painless yet very noticable 'pop' sensation in my little finger. When I release my hand, I then have to then manually move my little finger back with fingers on my other hand it simply won't move back by itself as if it's stuck. Im use to it now but at the same time it will never feel 'normal' to me.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Is Cracked no longer a comedy "Mad Magazine" kind of thing?

"basically, this site was the result of a 2007 merger between the old Cracked magazine and a website I had been running since 1999."

- Jason Pargin

(He quit as Executive Editor in Feb 2020)

Jason Pargin is also known as David Wong who wrote the book John Dies at the End if that helps...It probably doesn't but I thought that was  a great and fun book...It's a little like if Douglas Adams wrote a horror story featuring Harold & Kumar.  Also it was  a movie...You should drink and watch it someday.

PS:   A while back...I also thought "Cracked.com...WTF??"

On 4/24/2022 at 8:27 PM, Razzie.P said:

Is Cracked no longer a comedy "Mad Magazine" kind of thing?

It's more of a "Top 10 List" type of thing with a more straight up sarcastic, but truthful, humor.

At least it gives Cracked it's own identity than just being some Mad Magazine ripoff we grew up with.

32 minutes ago, MrMaddog said:

At least it gives Cracked it's own identity than just being some Mad Magazine ripoff we grew up with.

Own identity? Those click bait sites are a dime a dozen and it's just one of many. Saying Cracked was a Mad rip off is like saying Spider-man is a Superman ripoff. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 6:12 PM, Blues_Bloody said:

Own identity? Those click bait sites are a dime a dozen and it's just one of many. Saying Cracked was a Mad rip off is like saying Spider-man is a Superman ripoff. 

Can't tell if being Emo or Comic Book Guy, but either way new guy...

Ignore List.jpg

• Haha 1