IGNORED

NO LONGER AVAILABLE / LISTED ON EBAY: NEC PC ENGINE CDROM2 Briefcase Style System - Tested and Working

Leonard Smith

Hi all,

I have a PC Engine CD ROM2 briefcase setup, which is the original unit that launched in 1988 in Japan.  This is from my personal collection and has been cared for and stored well.

It works flawlessly and has been recently service and recapped in 2015 by Mr. Keith Courage from the now-defunct PCenginefx.org forums.  Everything you need to play is included and in a great shape, minus the normal yellowing that occurs in white plastics of the era.  The unit has been serviced and should be good to go for a few years.  But please keep in mind -- these units are old and contain moving parts, so it could be good for a few years or develop issues sooner.  No guarantees.

However, as you can see in the photos, the unit fires up and loads a CD ROM game properly.  The CD motor is smooth and quiet, making only the correct whirring and stepping sounds.  LED display on the CD unit works fine as well.  

I'll include everything you see in the pic (EXCEPT for the Fighting Street game which is shown for testing purposes).  

Bundle includes:
* PC Engine Console
* CD ROM briefcase system (with the docking bay and cover)
* Super System Card 3.0
* AC Adapter
* A/V cables
* 1 standard OEM game controller (non-turbo version)
* Not shown - CD ROM baseball game -- 
I'll include it so that the buyer has something to play and test

The white plastic has a fair amount of yellowing (unavoidable), so it may need some retrobriteing if that bothers you.  It's mainly the CD unit and tray that has yellowing...the PCE system itself looks OK.

* CAVEAT * - this unit works fine on CRT televisions, but is picky about modern flat screens.  It works fine on my older LCD display, but doesn't show an image on my newer LED TV.  Keep this mind when buying.  CRT is the way to go with these anyway...the image quality is quite beautiful.

Shipping will be actual cost to the buyer.  While the system isn't overly heavy, the AC power brick is quite hefty and I will need to pack and double box accordingly to ensure safe arrival.  Please factor in shipping costs as prices seem to be going up to crazy levels.

PRICE =  $325.00 + SHIPPING

US buyers only at this time

PCE2.jpg

PCE3.jpg

PCE4.jpg

PCE5.jpg

PCE1.jpg

Edited by Leonard Smith
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Osgeld said:

yea im out, just spent 1500$ on stupid rubber boots that go over the plumbing vents though the roof, guy says "gettin pretty old but maybe next year" not more than a month later its raining in my bathtub 

I hear you dude.  Totally understand.

I also did some maintenance work for my house this winter and yeah, I like owning a house but at the same time, I despise it too.  
Oh well, part of life I guess.  

yea its great until its lawn mowing season, one of the post's holding your front porch up isnt touching the bottom, water heater floods your garage, and its raining in your bathtub (not all at once just a sample of the "joy's")