IGNORED

HSC19 R6: MR ROBOT III / + SERPENTINE

Had another great game.  Got to level 9 again, but my score was about the same. 

Was never a big fan of Serpentine (or most "nibbler-type" games) but I have to say, this one has really "grown" on me!   :rolling:

I've figured out a few tricks and hopefully, this will help boost some levels/scores.

1.  At the beginning of a level, I play aggressive and try to hunt down the first snake right away.  If the other 2 get onto the playfield before I've been able to lock onto the 1st guy, I'll break off.  But more often than not, I can get behind the first one before the others can start trying to flank me.  At the very least, I've been able to shrink the first snake a couple sizes but some levels are easier to do this than others.

2.  Keep your snake on the smaller side.  It just seems easier to work with.  I try to keep him around 4-5 segments long.  If you get down to 2 segments, you better find a frog or an egg to eat.

3.  Before you leave a level, make sure you've dropped an egg.  I'll stay right behind the last snake and follow him around until I've dropped an egg.  Once, I do, I finish off the last snake, earning me an extra life (as long as that stupid frog doesn't get the egg while I'm slithering back home.)

This game is all about patience...finding that right moment to go on the attack.  The AI is too good for you to stay on offense for too long and they'll quickly outsmart you and take you down.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 5:18 AM, roadrunner said:

SERPENTINE

On 4/20/2022 at 7:31 AM, AtariSphinx said:

Serpentine :  69,050 (level 9)

On 4/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, McKong said:

Serpentine Level 7 54100

:thumbsup:

Very hard game, being undisputed world Nibbler champ think I would be good at it!!! Eventually made it to level 3 - 24,650 my download ATR disk has corrupted high score table - anyone know what sector this is or has link to good copy?

18 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Serpentine review, gets a B+

https://atarireviews.com/tag/serpentine/

Thanks RR, think i need to read it!

18 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Serpentine:  171,200!  Level 14!  Time to go back to Mr. Robot, now.

Got to R on Mr R. III stupidly jumped off a ladder - only a few boards to crack!

133,630+

1837027753_MrR3R.jpg.117c1d96dc48c817a4a8bf0b500eb438.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Deteacher said:

I had to finish it up...couldn't stop.  A-U completed.  U is the last level for Mr. Robot III.  Those levels were a lot of fun!

Final score:  167,520!

Well done Deteacher :thumbsup: didn't improve today but tacked the Mr Robot Plus Levels:

Unknown aka "Goochman's Levels"  (the easiest set here) A-H 81,880

My own levels well boy is KI-A a stinker!!! after failing to beat it on my first go, go to D (A-C completed) 28,900 Think D is a very tricky one too. Good news if you get past these early on it's probably better than playing for 30 mins then getting them?!!

KII - A-E (A-D completed) 24,570 level B is a work of art, eventually bear it after realising I had under 12 game seconds to get up to the top of the "grain elevator" to get that dot at the top!! Yes BBSB/Miner 2049er fans lookout for some familiar levels.

Strongly suggest most players make use of the start on any level feature and tackle some of the other levels, especially on  the Kendallsoft sets - they were not put in any order re difficulty :D

Probably start the new poll mid week and run this round into week 3 :idea:

On 4/21/2022 at 7:54 PM, Deteacher said:

Had another great game.  Got to level 9 again, but my score was about the same. 

Was never a big fan of Serpentine (or most "nibbler-type" games) but I have to say, this one has really "grown" on me!   :rolling:

I've figured out a few tricks and hopefully, this will help boost some levels/scores.

1.  At the beginning of a level, I play aggressive and try to hunt down the first snake right away.  If the other 2 get onto the playfield before I've been able to lock onto the 1st guy, I'll break off.  But more often than not, I can get behind the first one before the others can start trying to flank me.  At the very least, I've been able to shrink the first snake a couple sizes but some levels are easier to do this than others.

2.  Keep your snake on the smaller side.  It just seems easier to work with.  I try to keep him around 4-5 segments long.  If you get down to 2 segments, you better find a frog or an egg to eat.

3.  Before you leave a level, make sure you've dropped an egg.  I'll stay right behind the last snake and follow him around until I've dropped an egg.  Once, I do, I finish off the last snake, earning me an extra life (as long as that stupid frog doesn't get the egg while I'm slithering back home.)

This game is all about patience...finding that right moment to go on the attack.  The AI is too good for you to stay on offense for too long and they'll quickly outsmart you and take you down.

I didn't know about #3! That's a game changer!

119700 Level 9

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McKong said:

Mr Robot Plus A-J Completed

:thumbsup: which  level set?

Serpentine:

bit late to the party but getting on with Serpentine now I'm playing it properly - don't just eat the frogs until the snakes turn green, eat their tails DUH!! The extra life tip is great too but the frog is keen to thwart your attempts to leave an egg behind!  Think you lose a life if you are down to two segments and spawn :ponder:

Try and play the the disk version (ATR) as it has different mazes!

Lervel 9  69,300

Photo3921.jpg.2c6384c7064e19273b28151d6793e7d3.jpgPhoto3920.jpg.80aa4f77050369aa7f16e8e67c20052a.jpg

• Like 1