IGNORED

HSC19 R6: MR ROBOT III / + SERPENTINE

First time I've had a chance to play this round!

Serpentine: 19,200 (Level 5)

20220426_211754.thumb.jpg.83aff85228438384311b2dbdb6149eab.jpg

Mr. Robot III: 28,440 (Level E)

20220426_214948.thumb.jpg.c3ef6c39d72250c98d815a247d93409b.jpg

I tried to play Mr. Robot+ and could not beat a single level. ? All fun games, though! I just need more practice.

Serpentine reminds me of an APX (I think?) game called Caterpiggle. Anyone played that before?

Edited by graywest
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, graywest said:

First time I've had a chance to play this round!

Serpentine: 19,200 (Level 5)

Mr. Robot III: 28,440 (Level E)

I tried to play Mr. Robot+ and could not beat a single level. ? All fun games, though! I just need more practice.

Serpentine reminds me of an APX (I think?) game called Caterpiggle. Anyone played that before?

The unknown (Goochman) levels are much easier on Mr R+ !! Yes i'm a Catterpiggler, played here once before and next time we play Serpentine it would make a good bonus game. 

Made it to level 10 on Serpentine a couple of times. Score around 80k mark; some evil logic on those snakes :evil:

• Like 1

Ok, I think I've sufficiently "beaten" Serpentine.  After level 20, it goes back to level 1.  Also, you can rack up more than 9 lives in the "home base", but the graphic gets garbled after 9.  Since the scoring is multiplied by level, the scoring gets up there.  So, I made it to level "30".  781,600!

Serpentine 781600.png

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 4

Did not have much time to play last month.. So I moved my XEGS  out on the terrace to reach at least level 4 with 15,900 points...

20220501_191012.thumb.jpg.0842dba8f726ae7333f061f83c671148.jpg

In Mr. Robot 3 I finished the 9 levels from A to I. In J, I don't understand what the magnets do... ?

20220502_200350_HDR.thumb.jpg.498249196064614fea84c66f25a189f3.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MichaG said:

Did not have much time to play last month.. So I moved my XEGS  out on the terrace to reach at least level 4 with 15,900 points...

20220501_191012.thumb.jpg.0842dba8f726ae7333f061f83c671148.jpg

In Mr. Robot 3 I finished the 9 levels from A to I. In J, I don't understand what the magnets do... ?

20220502_200350_HDR.thumb.jpg.498249196064614fea84c66f25a189f3.jpg

The magnets pull you either left or right for a brief period of time.  So, if it's pulling you to the left, you can jump to the left much further, allowing you to cross wider gaps.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 8:54 PM, Deteacher said:

3.  Before you leave a level, make sure you've dropped an egg.  I'll stay right behind the last snake and follow him around until I've dropped an egg.  Once, I do, I finish off the last snake, earning me an extra life (as long as that stupid frog doesn't get the egg while I'm slithering back home.)

This game is all about patience...finding that right moment to go on the attack.  The AI is too good for you to stay on offense for too long and they'll quickly outsmart you and take you down.

Give this man an extra point, please ?

20220504_210505.thumb.jpg.0a3efc9751726b52fcfa562c45c092d0.jpg

Level 7 with 36,550 points.

• Like 3

sorry have been a bit busy so not had time to do any tables so tomorrow night will be fun :ponder: :!:

this round and the poll wiill end tomorrow ** Monday 9th May at 9pm UK time **

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/335090-hsc19-r7-poll/

VOTES PLEASE EVERYONE!!

Improved to reach E on K vol I had a few other goes, having another crack at Goochman's levels now :grin:

• Like 1

Serpentine turned out to be the main game as it was the most played so Deteacher takes a well deserved win :thumbsup: Mr R scoring bonus points as below hope this is ok with everyone. Good games, found myself rushing through the MR R levels and making too many mistakes. Will play the other levels using the menu system as my ones are hard!!! Thanks for playing guys ;-)

final(ish)  tables - see post below re Mr Robot bonus.

SERPENTINE

1st   Deteacher                  781,600  13pts #
  2nd   McKong                     186,250  11pts
  3rd   therealbountybob          85,250  10pts
  4th   AtariSphinx                 69,050  9pts
  5th   Caco                          58,300  9pts
  6th   8BIT 1337                   57,400  8pts
  7th   MichaG                      48,550  7pts
  8th   graywest                    19,200  6pts
  9th   Fres                           7,750  5pts
 10th   MagicMarc-er               6,400  4pts
 11th   RedThunder                 5,250  3pts
 12th   roadrunner                   4,450  2pts
 13th   carlsson                     4,350  2pts

#ntsc bonus point

Mr Robot scoring levels completed from A (yes it's B and Z indicates last level compelted not necessartily Z!) 

MR ROBOT III "CRITTERSOFT"
  1st   Deteacher               A-Z            4
  2nd   therealbountybob      A-Q            3
  3rd   MichaG                  A-I            3
  4th   graywest                A-D            2
  5th   8BIT 1337               A-D            2
  6th   MagicMarc-er          A-C            1
  7th   Caco                    A-C            1
  8th   AtariSphinx             A-C            1
  9th   carlsson                 A-C             1

10th  RedThunder              A-B            1
 11th   devwebcl                A-B            1
 12th   chevymad                A-B            1

MR ROBOT + GOOCHMAN AKA "UNKNOWN"
  1st   McKong                  A-N            4
  2nd   therealbountybob      A-L            3
  3rd   8BIT 1337               A-D            2
  4th   RedThunder              A-B            1
  5th   roadrunner              A-B            1

6th  carlsson                     A-B           1

7th   graywest                played!        1

MR ROBOT + K 1
  1st   8BIT 1337               A-D            2
  2nd   therealbountybob      A-C            1
  3rd   McKong                  A              1

4th   catlsson                 played!      1

MR ROBOT + K 2
  1st   therealbountybob        A-D            1

2nd   catlsson                 played!      1

Edited by therealbountybob
updated
  • Like 1

While I barely played any of the Mr. Robot level packs, at least I cleared levels (A)B-C on the Crittersoft version and level A on the Unknown.

To be honest, Mr. Robot was a game I liked quite a lot when I was around 12 years old, but now 35 years later I don't have much patience with it any longer. The same goes for several other platform games, but perhaps this one in particular stands out as one where my preferences changed.

• Like 2

I never played Mr Robot as a kid but was a big Miner 2049er fan/player.   I really wanted to like Mr Robot but was frustrated too.   

All of the platforms of that era were built on make small progress than die!  Learn and remember what you need to do to get just past that only to die again! Lots of replaying  the same levels just to get back to where you were.   Cheap way to lengthen a game.  It could easily be fixed with respawn at death location and more lives (or I guess use save states if playing outside HSC).   Having to redo levels over and over just to get back to where you were is just too frustrating now unless you already know what to do from back in the day.

Glad I tried it though and it is a fun game if you know what you are doing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, carlsson said:

While I barely played any of the Mr. Robot level packs, at least I cleared levels (A)B-C on the Crittersoft version and level A on the Unknown.

To be honest, Mr. Robot was a game I liked quite a lot when I was around 12 years old, but now 35 years later I don't have much patience with it any longer. The same goes for several other platform games, but perhaps this one in particular stands out as one where my preferences changed.

8 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

I never played Mr Robot as a kid but was a big Miner 2049er fan/player.   I really wanted to like Mr Robot but was frustrated too.   

All of the platforms of that era were built on make small progress than die!  Learn and remember what you need to do to get just past that only to die again! Lots of replaying  the same levels just to get back to where you were.   Cheap way to lengthen a game.  It could easily be fixed with respawn at death location and more lives (or I guess use save states if playing outside HSC).   Having to redo levels over and over just to get back to where you were is just too frustrating now unless you already know what to do from back in the day.

Glad I tried it though and it is a fun game if you know what you are doing.

It's a good game but the lack of precision on the jumping is what separates it from DK BB and Miner, the rounded edges don't help, I made several of my levels on Mr R + Kendallsoft use the square edges but the movement is still not perfect.

You can  play any level on the Mr Robot Plus sets, fandal created a nice menu. On the original I think Select advanced to the next screen.

I'm going to leave this round active for a few weeks for Mr Robot III and Plus - if anyone wants to pick up a few bonus points complete some screens! Think I will try and complete ALL the screens even if I start on any level just to see them all again and try and identify which ones I based on Miner / BBSB or possibly other games :ponder: (I'll not score any HSC points!) :)

• Like 1