IGNORED

Abu Simbel Profanation port

Yautja

I noticed it yesterday on the Facebook page for Atari Museum.

Initial impression was that it's just way too hard.  Took me 15 attempts or more just to get past the first screen.

But after watching a video of it on the Spectrum - you can do short jumps which makes things a whole lot easier.

As I said on the post there - well done for porting a Z80 game and retaining the original's speed.

13 hours ago, Rybags said:

Initial impression was that it's just way too hard.  Took me 15 attempts or more just to get past the first screen.

I never gave it enough time to get past the first screen, it was so hard, I decided that if that is how it is for screen one then how frustrating is it going to be overall. It's nice that it has been ported, but way way way too hard..

Your 'challenging' is my 'too hard'..

I don't mind pixel perfect stuff, but when millisecond timing is added on top, it's just too hard (for me and others).. As I said, how hard is it going to be on later screens / levels..

I still play mad shooters when my spine is giving me a day off and the reactions are still pretty good. Not bad for an 'old boy'...

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Abu Simbel Profanation as part of its Halloween Homebrew Special on tomorrow's stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Mon Oct 31, 2022 | LIVE @ 7PM PT | 10PM ET | 2AM GMT+1Day (NOTE SPECIAL DAY & TIME)

WATCH LIVE: https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/
WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

Games:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello!

If someone is interested, here you can find different versions of the game for A8, including PAL, NTSC, english and spanish, with more information of how to play (long and short jump) and a version for 2 buttons joystick:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sLkuI52c6P0wBrewrEj1GT2hnSj94Mnp?usp=sharing

Regards and have a happy new year!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/10/2023 at 8:33 PM, Felipe de Toro said:

Perhaps in the future, I'm currently working on another project, a racing game. So far in an early stage...

The extended version has been released recently for C64... any chance to have for A8?

BTW, what happened to that racing game project?