IGNORED

Ha! They are 'Monsters', not 'Ghosts'!

PacManPlus

3 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

God almighty.

Those guys in the youtube video are what today's gamers look like.  Yikes.

Nah, just this one fella seems to be a pretentious douche flute with bangs out a tuque. Don't judge a bushel just by it's bruises and all that right?

Edited by Shawn
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Yurkie said:

PacMan

The only thing I’m asking is whether PacMan, and thus by extension, PacMen, have or haven’t ‘…a notochord, a dorsal hollow tubular nerve cord, pharyngeal slits, endostyle/thyroid gland, and a post-anal tail.’

Yeah! And the same goes for those so-called, self-proclaimed ‘ghosts’ or ‘monsters’ too!!

Edited by Giles N

39 minutes ago, Giles N said:

The only thing I’m asking is whether PacMan, and thus by extension, PacMen, have or haven’t ‘…a notochord, a dorsal hollow tubular nerve cord, pharyngeal slits, endostyle/thyroid gland, and a post-anal tail.’

Yeah! And the same goes for those so-called, self-proclaimed ‘ghosts’ or ‘monsters’ too!!

You said the G word you sinner!

18 minutes ago, Jinks said:

You said the G word you sinner!

… I certainly knew particular … uhm… characters were sacro-sanct at …, well, lets just say it; atari… age…, but that just implying that Mr.Pac … an undisputed ultra-hero around here, would be victimized by by me simply suggesting the existence a possible thyroid   G(<—)land  (and here, the absolute core of controversy is before our very eyes), in this superheroes bio-system, may even for a super-respecting guy like me, come as a bit of surprise…

- - -

Anyway, I see no peer-reviewed papers quoted as to the anatomamical and/or metaphysical-anatomical make-up of the antagonists that The PacMan himself must battle… thus you haven’t really said too much concerning the OPs existential questions of whether they are… ghosts… or … monsters…

From an academical persoective I’m quite shocked that no-one here has so far suggested ‘spectralized hob-goblorcs’…

That last option should have been quite evident from the start, and even given an entire outout of 16 (!!!) AtariAge-posts, no-one could suggest this before I did it now…?

Edited by Giles N

This guy....needs to.....learn to.....space out....his....words.... adequately rather.....than speaking....like he's.....running out.....of breath.....every....two words.

Also Ellen Page (oh, excuse me, Elliot Page) would like his, her, errm, its? genetic material back, which was obviously used poorly for a bad clone.

He also looks exactly like Shawn described him. ?

I thought the ghosts were jellyfish or squids when I was a kid. I guess then that would make Pac-Man a little fish eating fish flakes. And some really soggy fruit, random bells, crashed spaceships and their keys. I mean hey, all kinds of stuff ends up sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

I really like @CMR's interpretation. Since the game is all about eating food, it would make sense that the ghosts were actually food too.

Edited by Jaden (JRH)