IGNORED

Onyx All In Bundle only $99.99 on GameStop

The Historian

I can still see my order in PayPal under authorized/pending however when I called GameStop they said there was an error in their system that prevented the order from completing and so they're refunding me.  They said they would honor the price if I refurchased the bundle again from them but as they're sold out I am out of luck.

5 hours ago, MScottson said:

I can still see my order in PayPal under authorized/pending however when I called GameStop they said there was an error in their system that prevented the order from completing and so they're refunding me.  They said they would honor the price if I refurchased the bundle again from them but as they're sold out I am out of luck.

What the....?! They did the same thing to me! I used PayPal and my credit card (which has my old address as a billing address). Just got an email saying that because the addresses didn't match they couldn't "verify" the order and they cancelled it. Ridiculous. It's PayPal - it's already verified.

Oh well. Lame but so be it. I wonder if that triggers right before it's going to ship, as several people have said theirs has shipped now.....grrr.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Djmicklovin said:

The VCS is back up to a full price of $399 at Gamestop but out of stock. So the doom and gloom naysayers can shut up now. I guess they’re sticking around at Gamestop after all. Maybe they’re working on a VCS slim model or an Atari VCS 2.

Congrats to everyone that snagged one for $99.  Happy gaming!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:12 AM, Lan Di said:

I got my VCS today. I still can't believe I scored this $400 console/hybrid system for only 99 bucks!  ?

20220429_135653.jpg

Its a good thing the main Atari box is wrapped in a bag.

Mine came on Saturday and got rained on until I got back on Sunday night.

The tape was holding 1/4" of water on the top of the box.

The inside packaging is nice, Easy open brown boxes with neat printing.

I'm glad they didn't go Xbox Series X and make a 5 pound flip top box that most people will only ever open once.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 11:46 AM, Djmicklovin said:

The VCS is back up to a full price of $399 at Gamestop but out of stock. So the doom and gloom naysayers can shut up now. I guess they’re sticking around at Gamestop after all. Maybe they’re working on a VCS slim model or an Atari VCS 2.

Or, GameStop has no intention of ever stocking a money loser like the VCS again, but as a favor to Atari raised the price back up so other retailers don’t look silly asking $400 for an item GameStop has listed for $100. 
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really think that’s the case, but it’s far more realistic than the expectation of a slim model or VCS 2. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jesusc said:

Or, GameStop has no intention of ever stocking a money loser like the VCS again, but as a favor to Atari raised the price back up so other retailers don’t look silly asking $400 for an item GameStop has listed for $100. 
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t really think that’s the case, but it’s far more realistic than the expectation of a slim model or VCS 2. 

Oh really so you run Gamestop? Why would they raise the price back up if they don’t plan to restock the VCS? That doesn’t make any sense… If they were done with the VCS they would have removed it from the website.

Or maybe because their 50th anniversary is coming and they’re working on a special edition VCS for Gamestop. Not that crazy of an idea…

30 minutes ago, suspicious_milk said:

Congrats for y'all that got it at 99.

Just picked one up on eBay for ~200 and ordered 16gb of faster RAM and a 500gb m.2 from amazon.  I'll tinker with "Atari OS", but it's just gonna be my daily (stylish) Linux box. Hopefully the upgrade goes smooth.

One thing to consider, while you have it open, is to add a bit of thermal paste to the CPU.

I am definitely not practiced at hardware upgrades but found the process to be pretty straightforward. The most confusing part to me was releasing the ribbon cables for the front USB ports but I eventually figured it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stirrell said:

One thing to consider, while you have it open, is to add a bit of thermal paste to the CPU.

I am definitely not practiced at hardware upgrades but found the process to be pretty straightforward. The most confusing part to me was releasing the ribbon cables for the front USB ports but I eventually figured it out.

Yeppers.  I've plenty of good thermal paste and am very experienced in this sort of upgrade.  I'm not too aweful experienced in upclocking RAM, but found a good YT video specifically for doing so on the VCS.  I just hope I can figure out the Firmware password (I understand some have had issues with that).

• Like 1