IGNORED

Onyx All In Bundle only $99.99 on GameStop

The Historian

Yes, it seems odd that they would have opened back up to accept more orders at least two additional times yesterday if they couldn't fulfill prior orders. I wonder though if GS is helping Atari clear their inventory before they call it quits on the platform.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

So I just went to try to get one and while the check out even when I set my home store to local showed that it wasn't out of stock, as soon as I "verified my address" it displayed as out of stock within 100 miles of me. So, seems like they are still sold out?

I don't think Gamestop ever had them in stock at local stores.  It was online sales only.

• Like 3

For the VCS that I ordered from GameStop yesterday at 9:56am ET, I received a "Your GameStop order has shipped" email at 12:26am ET this morning/last night. When I check the tracking, the estimated delivery date is tomorrow. Not trying to scare anyone, but that definitely seems a bit different than some others who purchased yesterday.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

I kind of wanted one of these as an MAME emulation box (and maybe some of those recharged titles).  How well does it work for that?

It runs MAME as well as anything else.   Performance is much better than a Raspberry Pi,  but less than a typical gaming PC.

I have a few versions running,  Vanilla MAME and a couple of MAME cores in retroarch.   Haven't noticed any issues.

• Like 1

If they had somehow been able to sell the VCS at this price point, it would have been a tremendous success. Even if they could somehow get it down to $179.99 with one Xbox-style controller included, allowing people to choose whether they pay extra for the joystick, it would probably be very popular and enable Atari to get where they seemingly want to get with this.

There’s no reason why the VCS could not be a console/mini PC for the duration of the 2020s. This can be a retro dream machine. They just need to somehow find a way to sell it at sub-$200 without taking a loss. 

2 hours ago, YarsFan said:

If they had somehow been able to sell the VCS at this price point, it would have been a tremendous success. Even if they could somehow get it down to $179.99 with one Xbox-style controller included, allowing people to choose whether they pay extra for the joystick, it would probably be very popular and enable Atari to get where they seemingly want to get with this.

There’s no reason why the VCS could not be a console/mini PC for the duration of the 2020s. This can be a retro dream machine. They just need to somehow find a way to sell it at sub-$200 without taking a loss. 

No this price is crazy low considering it comes with controllers (modern controllers for other systems often sell for $50, $60, $70).    $99 for the console alone would be cool but is probably not reasonable either.