IGNORED

A new controller SECOND BATCH AVAILABLE

tanuki

Nice!

I wonder how well the overlay will stay in place without catch on top to keep it from slipping? The early Mattel controllers had no catch but Mattel quickly fixed the issue early in 1980. Thats one of the ways you can tell the early systems from older (other than serial number).

Regardless, it is a much nicer design and im looking forward to trying them out!

• Like 2

Probably 95% of the Intellivision games I play I do not use the overlays for. Occasionally I may pull an overlay out of the box to see which buttons to press. That's it.

But I am sure thankful to be getting some new controllers for my Intellivision 2 as the originals, as documented, have very stiff side buttons.

My flashback controllers which work quite well, are bound to wear out sooner or later as I use those on a regular basis.

Thank you Cote Gamers for making these as they will take care of my Intellivision game playing needs far into the future.??

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

The yellow color seems like a pre-aged plastic color 

That's the exact purpose for selecting this color, aging will have no effect!

More seriously, we've made several color tests and tried to match Inty 1 colors. We didn't find anything suitable.

The selected color scheme was made between us, our target was to be in the late 70s color scheme, like the Inty 1.

You do not see it well in the pictures but the base is dark brown.

IMG_1657.JPG

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, YannAros said:

That's the exact purpose for selecting this color, aging will have no effect!

More seriously, we've made several color tests and tried to match Inty 1 colors. We didn't find anything suitable.

The selected color scheme was made between us, our target was to be in the late 70s color scheme, like the Inty 1.

You do not see it well in the pictures but the base is dark brown.

IMG_1657.JPG

I like the color. Very retro.

I'll definately want the package with DB9 attachment!

Edited by Psycho Stormtrooper- Rog
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

has there been consideration for a platform for the top of the overlay to rest on so it does not get bent?

If the idea is to be able to nest this controller inside the console when not using it, then this platform would create a problem. 

Maybe with careful use there will be no issue with overlays.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

If the idea is to be able to nest this controller inside the console when not using it, then this platform would create a problem. 

Maybe with careful use there will be no issue with overlays.

You can't rest them inside the console because the cable also protrudes from the same side/top.