IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 16 - Game 14 - Lock 'N' Chase

1 hour ago, cparsley said:

Lock "n Chase is my game.....

Raise the bar... 117,660 and hard mode unlocked

16516205244664296810432324162550.jpg

I cannot even Fathom this? Chris do you have a pattern or do you just avoid them and constantly cage them in or something? ?‍♂️

On 5/3/2022 at 6:25 AM, m-crew said:

They won , what a surprise. ;)  let’s see game two.   

Think positive.

19 hours ago, cparsley said:

Lock "n Chase is my game.....

Raise the bar... 117,660 and hard mode unlocked

Go for the world record.

just finished watching the video someone posted and other than a few errant doors or mistakes, game has GOT to recognize game...

I will admit, NONE of my patterns are the ones this guy uses, but it does got my mind racing at the moment looking at LNC a way I haven't before. Also realizing my focus on the bank strategy might not be the best play in the end game, as all four banks is 500+1000+2000+4000=7500 while all three keys is 9,000 (level before the heart), all 3 Bobbie Pins is 6,000 (last slow level), and just 2 of the 3 hearts is 10k.

Also, during the first heart level, you hear the "BONUS" whistle go off. No it's NOT getting a new (free) life, but the triggering on the hard/expert mode being thrown in game. If you are to start a new game without resetting the console, your previous patterns will NOT work on the "expert mode" triggering.

18 minutes ago, cparsley said:

Also, during the first heart level, you hear the "BONUS" whistle go off. No it's NOT getting a new (free) life, but the triggering on the hard/expert mode being thrown in game. If you are to start a new game without resetting the console, your previous patterns will NOT work on the "expert mode" triggering.

Thanks for the info.  I'm still learning even after 40 years playing this game :)

I think I can answer that...  No matter what pattern(s) you may come up with there are too many variables that can epically fudge it up. Your favorite  green doors can definitely come into a play changing your pattern due to a cop or the player not being able to move freely when they otherwise would.

Also doing anything new for the first time definitely usually will degrade what you normally do until you adjust. I haven't yet thought of changing my play yet, might give it a few gos in the overnight.

I love this game, and the story of it is even greater... From the score display problem if you roll the scoreboard, to being able to totally go through a cop given the right conditions, to dying AND completing the level at the same exact moment of time (and even breaking the alternate play of the 2 player mode by doing so) to collecting one bonus prize at game over by dying on any of the G A M E   O V E R letters... You may think the controls etc are buggy but like Pac-Man they are press in advance of making the corner.... This couldn't be addressed until the 6K update especially considering the main batch of LNC carts were thought originally to be corrupted due to an invalid checksum.

At the final day of getting the programming done for the program, the three programmers went out to lunch to celebrate completing the game and the promotion of one of them to a different department. Since there was a few bytes of space left, he put the three's names in the code, and send it off to the chip producer. When they came back to Mattel, they popped one into an eprom reader to make sure everything matched and to their horror, it didn't. So everyone on that floor dropped what they were doing to play the heck out of the carts to see if it was a vital game crashing mistake from the chip programmers, and after several hours of not finding out the issue, they called the promoted guy back down to test. After a little while it started to dawn on him what he did and went into the file, made the change to the name he did right before sending it off to the chip fab, and ran the eprom check again. They matched... :)

• Like 1

If your referring to what I refer to as the seam glitch, yes... It's a quirk of how the INTV handles game code as it wasn't designed to handle wrap around player sprites/missiles...  This is why the game can crash on B-17 Bomber (and the fake BS wording they gave it in the instructions to try to cover for it.)

Games like LNC made up for it by basically having the game mirrored on the 2nd "page" and moving the player sprite from one page to another to place it on the other side. The problem is there is a "seam" that has to occur and if you wiggle the stick up and down quickly while going through you can get into the seam. Once this happens you ARE NOT able to break out of it, and on the odd pages (when u go on the seam and every 2 rotations afterwords you CAN be killed by a cop also going through the tunnel/cutout. The player CAN NOT be killed on the even rotations (and by rotation I mean going off either the top or bottom of the screen while on the seam and coming back on)..

During the "EVEN" rotations, the game does not know how to handle you touching the outside border of the maze, so it assumes your scoring the "fruit/prize" for that level, and will award you that amount of points per fraction of a second you are in contact with the side of the maze on the even rotations. 

That's the long and short of it Pat. :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cparsley said:

Note the BUG is definitely off limits on the spirit of the HSC.. I wouldn't mind Rickster blanking the last few messages even to not let how to do it out to more. 

In my opinion it is enough to post photos that contain the right side of the window game, where you can see the objects that are associatedto the level ... then we can calculates the maximum possible score he immediately understands if he has screwed up or not, 

very few will reach the heart

Yeah I got no problem leaving up the vid patbb put up. Like lupovax said you can look at the right side and see all the levels that were attained and if there's a huge score and no objects lol well then it's quite obvious that the glitch was used. Also, the game is almost 2 weeks old and we have a sense where everyone stands, if suddenly someone throws up a score that's 100k higher I think we'd all be like 'hmmmmm', lol see Congo Bongo.... :P So no worries..... 

I tried a bunch of times to use the other video (Dumer's) methods to 'enhance' my game and all it did for me was help me to 'regress'.... Look it's no secret I cannot stand this game. Again, the green doors added to this game make it NO FUN. The cops huddling around the money make it NO FUN.... The inclusion of the green doors added to this game to me might be one of the most worthless add ons to a game ever. They (the green doors) completely ruin what could have been a FUN game.... ??

I am MORE THAN ready to move on from this game that's for sure. I got 60k which is my all time 'PB" for this game which I cannot stand. I will start loading our Season Finale games hopefully tonight... They will all be given an extra week of gameplay.... ?

MOVIN' ON!!!!

• Like 2

14,760 dollar signs for me!

I was really bad at first; I could barely break 4000 when I started playing this one! So basically I improved from terrible to mediocre ?

I will probably try to improve on this by Sunday Night. Who knows? Maybe I can improve from mediocre to halfway decent!

20220504_202741.jpg

• Like 3