IGNORED

FS: sold out for now

NoelleAmelie

Hello all!

Looking to unload a couple of things I have laying around that I don't use/play often. Maybe someone here will find a nice use for them ^^

All sold out for now! Might add some more later

Drop me a DM if interested! PayPal only.

Thanks!

Edited by NoelleAmelie

I have two Yamaha MU modules with a TG300 mode and love the sounds, but I'm not sure if a real TG300 and the backwards compatibility mode on the MU modules actually sounds the same or not.  Though @NoelleAmelie is an expert on the matter and may know if there's actually any difference in the sample-set?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DNA128k said:

I have two Yamaha MU modules with a TG300 mode and love the sounds, but I'm not sure if a real TG300 and the backwards compatibility mode on the MU modules actually sounds the same or not.  Though @NoelleAmelie is an expert on the matter and may know if there's actually any difference in the sample-set?

Very big difference - the MU's TG300 mode name is actually kind of just a copyright circumvention thing. It's a Roland GS compatible mode, but obviously for legal reasons they can't *say* that, so they just name it after their module that basically cloned GS/SC compatibility. The sample sets used in the MU series and the TG line are radically different.

Here's a TG300 playing Descent's first level: https://youtu.be/WBdOyNtCxmM

And a MU doing the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp0dqcHI8pI

Looks like they used D1X-Rebirth in that video which I recall trying to send GS resets at the start of every song, so the MU should be in TG300 mode in that video. But I can make some recordings of my MU90 versus the TG300 if you want.

I want to say the TG actually has higher quality samples on ROM. I believe it's 44khz where as the MUs up until the 100 are 32khz.

Edited by NoelleAmelie

7 minutes ago, NoelleAmelie said:

Very big difference - the MU's TG300 mode name is actually kind of just a copyright circumvention thing. It's a Roland GS compatible mode, but obviously for legal reasons they can't *say* that, so they just name it after their module that basically cloned GS/SC compatibility. The sample sets used in the MU series and the TG line are radically different.

Here's a TG300 playing Descent's first level: https://youtu.be/WBdOyNtCxmM

And a MU doing the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp0dqcHI8pI

Looks like they used D1X-Rebirth in that video which I recall trying to send GS resets at the start of every song, so the MU should be in TG300 mode in that video. But I can make some recordings of my MU90 versus the TG300 if you want.

I want to say the TG actually has higher quality samples on ROM. I believe it's 44khz where as the MUs up until the 100 are 32khz.

You're the best!  No need to spend any time making recordings on your end, that answers my question entirely.  Thanks again ?

Aaaand sold! All that's left is the N64 FPS games.

I'm debating throwing my broken SC-88 Pro up for sale as well... problem is it's important to me and I really want to make sure it goes to someone who will fix it and enjoy it. I guess if someone is interested in one with some issue on the analog board, DM me and I'll give it some serious thought.

Edited by NoelleAmelie