IGNORED

Underappreciated Atari 2600 games

electricmastro

18 hours ago, electricmastro said:

Yeah, good way to distinguish itself from many other Atari shooters by providing more flexibility like with the paddle-control.

Tac-Scan is a really good game and you can never have enough paddle games.

1ECD9F7C-675A-496A-B05D-3F6A9413D838.jpeg

TS Box.jpg

TS Poster.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/27/2022 at 6:56 PM, save2600 said:

Too funny!  ?

Not a fav of mine either, but VCS Jawbreaker is rated pretty well actually. For the ultimate in un-fun, check out the TI99 version.  ?

Oof, this is the same terrible game but crammed into a much smaller space. I don't know if I would say one is worse than the other maybe that the TI version is a far more concentrated hit of bad video game.

In the interest of keeping it positive though apparently the same guy who made this game also made Sierra's home version of Frogger so on the plus side he got to move on up towards bigger n better things :)

Edited by harmonyFM

Didn't Football for the Bally Professional Arcade (aka Astrocade) predate the Atari VCS Football by a few months?

I'd throw in Turmoil, though perhaps it is already well-regarded and not underappreciated.  I could get behind Infiltrate and Jawbreaker too, but not Reactor.  It's just a noisy mess visually and aurally, and imo is the worst Parker Bros. game produced.

12 minutes ago, Frozone212 said:

At the risk of being flame, I will add pac man here and Football

One is a technical achievement and the other holds the honor of being the first football game for a console in history.

Once i get my 2600 fixed, I just might play a bit. Pity I don't have a friend to play with.

Speaking of which, I think Jr. Pac-Man doesn't get enough appreciation.

Edited by electricmastro
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...