IGNORED

Songbird at MGC 2022 this weekend

Songbird

Yes, so many fun shows I've been able to attend over the years: JagFest, CGE, PhillyClassic, PRGE, and MGC. I think that's all of them.

Fun fact: Midwest Gaming Classic grew out of JagFest! I hosted the third JagFest in 1999 in Rochester, MN, and Dan Loosen + friends attended. He then hosted the next couple JagFests in WI, and eventually it grew into MGC. Very cool to see how it's grown over the years!

19 hours ago, Songbird said:

That would be nice, wouldn't it? October might be pushing it for a release. Depends on how much free time I can find while the weather is nice in Minnesota summer! ;)

Hitting that point in Cincinnati too; a lot of projects I was interested in a couple weeks ago, suddenly aren't as appealing as being outside after another Midwest winter.

On 4/28/2022 at 10:43 AM, Songbird said:

Yes, so many fun shows I've been able to attend over the years: JagFest, CGE, PhillyClassic, PRGE, and MGC. I think that's all of them.

Fun fact: Midwest Gaming Classic grew out of JagFest! I hosted the third JagFest in 1999 in Rochester, MN, and Dan Loosen + friends attended. He then hosted the next couple JagFests in WI, and eventually it grew into MGC. Very cool to see how it's grown over the years!

Did you take any pics of the event, your booth, etc? Sorry if I missed them, but I bet they (the pics) would be interesting to other Jag fans.

That's awesome stuff. I know trade shows can be a beast setting up, but have you considered a monitor or two, ~40"-60" (use a home TV) with your logos, trailers, etc. looping? You get the "eye-catching" power of the motion graphics and stuff. I always lean digital, cause physical signs cost more money, lol.

*If you need help with graphics or a video cut, let me know. Despite my rattling the cage of some old timers, I'd really like to get more people involved with the system. Partly because it needs some new blood with new ideas. And because, as a recent poll/thread on this forum showed, the average age is predictably "up there" for Jag fans. Your work, going out there and promoting the system and your games, goes a long way to "keeping the Jaguar alive."

Promo videos of course would be great, but often at these shows I don't even have power at my booth. I did this time because I wanted to showcase the latest Lynx & Jaguar games. Table space is also typically limited, although in this instance it was the biggest booth I've had in probably 15+ years. I wanted to make a splash since I hadn't been to MGC in so long. I do appreciate the feedback though! Always looking for new ways to reach Atari fans. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:43 AM, Songbird said:

I was wondering what became of Jagfest...

This was an excellent year at the MGC.  For the past ten years or so, I've struggled to find more than a loose Jag cartridge or two.  But this year, I saw all sorts of Jaguar stuff.  One vendor had a boxed Jaguar CD and two boxed Jaguars.  Quite a few vendors had CIB Lynx games, with one having about a third of the Jaguar's library.  I even saw an overpriced copy of the rarer Power Drive Rally variant.  Plenty of Lynx titles too, and even some sealed Lynx and Lynx II units.

And then there was the Songbird booth, with Jaguar and Lynx stuff coming out the ears. Visiting that booth, meeting Carl again, playing Ultravore and Microvaders, and severely lightening my wallet was easily the highlight of the show for me.

20220430_103557.jpg

• Like 4