IGNORED

Short-lived platforming franchises

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

If that's too big I guess we could pick on Final Fight. :)  FF1-3 between arcade/SNES sequels, the terrible PS2 era streetwise, and that 1v1 fighter on a sega platform, I think that was largely about it, started out high in 2D and went to rot fast with incompetent 3D outings.

Final Fight is not a platformer, though. ?

• Confused 1

Speaking of Gex, I wonder if anyone here has heard about the Gex Jr. leak? Considering that this is in the wake of Square Enix selling Eidos, maybe a Gex revival is doable? Then again, Dana Gould hasn't done anything funny in years.

Edited by SlidellMan
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, SlidellMan said:

Speaking of Gex, I wonder if anyone here has heard about the Gex Jr. leak? Considering that this is in the wake of Square Enix selling Eidos, maybe a Gex revival is doable? Then again, Dana Gould hasn't done anything funny in years.

I'd be interested to see it since the Get games feel fun even now. The 90s dialogue can just be exchanged for a modern comedic one.

1 hour ago, electricmastro said:

Going to 2000, Jet Set Radio would definitely be another platformer see come back. I always liked the free-spirited and bombastic tone of this one:

I'm not a pedantic person at all, but isn't this game a parkour game?  honestly i never knew that was a subgenre until recently.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, electricmastro said:

Going to 2000, Jet Set Radio would definitely be another platformer see come back. I always liked the free-spirited and bombastic tone of this one:

Supposedly it is, unless that was rumor bs from the last week or two, it and another dead franchise supposedly coming back.

• Like 1

Jumpman was a very popular one back in the 80's. As far as I know there were only 2 games, Jumpman and Jumpman Jr. I don't understand why they didn't do more releases with different levels. I think the original Jumpman only had 30 levels. If a level editor had accompanied Jumpman maybe it would have been spawned more releases. I think that's partially why Lode Runner was and continues to be so successful. It initially offered 150 levels plus a level editor and spawned several games over the years including 6 arcade games. BTW, you can still buy Jumpman on Steam but it looks like it's just the CGA PC version with no new levels. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered one now... What about ToeJam & Earl?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.aae1229069d6b06b6365f41c8c59e742.jpg

One of my relatives had that for Genesis. Weird game and gross name lol. I wasn't aware they released part 4 a few years ago.

Also Gex on N64 ,playing that makes me dizzy. Crazy 3D graphics with that one.

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 2