IGNORED

Amiga Blitz Basic Game Jam

Daedalus2097

Zooperdan is hosting a Blitz Basic Game Jam, with the aim of increasing knowledge and awareness around Blitz Basic and its open-source successor, AmiBlitz. There's no specific theme or genre, and the finished game should run on a classic Amiga under AmigaOS. Use of 68k acceleration and RAM is permitted, but requiring specific upgrades beyond that (e.g. OS4, PPC, Vampire, RTG) isn't permitted.

The jam starts 31 May and runs for three months, finishing at 11pm on 31 August.

The judging panel includes AmigaBill (Amiga streamer / YouTuber), Sven Dröge (current AmiBlitz maintainer), Darren Doyle (of Bitmap Soft and PhoenixWare, publishers of retro games), John Kayanas (of AmigaLive), John Girvin (Nivrig Games), and Dan Thoresen (indie game developer and host). The final scoring will be based on a community vote with an extra "Judges' Pick" category, and the prizes include an A500Mini, Monster joystick, and the opportunity to have a boxed version of the game published by Bitmap Soft.

Full details on the jam can be found on its page: https://itch.io/jam/abbgjam

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Only a few days to go until this jam starts, and the Jam's Discord server is already quite busy. I've also streamed a few Blitz Basic tutorials on my Twitch channel to help people get started with Blitz and hopefully help them with their entries. They can be rewatched on my channel, and are also available in this playlist on my Youtube channel.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This game jam had been scheduled to finish up at the end of August, but has now been extended by two months to finish at the end of October. This is mainly to do with many of the entrants not making as much progress as they had hoped over the summer, and because the aim of the jam is to further the knowledge and experience with Blitz Basic, the more complete the entries are, the better it is for the community. Also, it seems that some of the entries are very ambitious in scope, not least the Colonization-inspired "Settle The World" entry, which is shaping up very nicely indeed.

• 2 months later...

One week left of the Blitz Basic Game Jam, and there are a few pretty good entries it would seem. Settle The World is looking incredible, my own entry will be far from finished but will hopefully at least be playable. Judging and public streaming of all the entries will be happening in November.

• 4 weeks later...