IGNORED

First post, first 800XL, advice on cleaning?

iscariot

5 hours ago, iscariot said:

Yeah.  I really forgot how bad the atari sticks were.  I actually spent like $10 building that thing.

@iscariot Yeah - the CX40s - you either love em or hate em IMHO. I broke quite a few in the 80s/90's. :P

The Zipstick and Quickshot II were my favs BITD and I still have them both. However currently I can't beat the SNES controller with the SNACK adapter. Aside the obvious for games designed to support it's multiple mapped buttons (eg Final Assault), some games that just don't feel right with a joystick feel/respond so much better with the pad. Plus some games, typically vertical shooters, kill my hands after a while when using a joystick.

Gotta say I prefer joystick control with Prince of Persia though. (Damn that game is good:lust:).

On 5/26/2022 at 2:42 AM, Beeblebrox said:

@iscariot Yeah - the CX40s - you either love em or hate em IMHO. I broke quite a few in the 80s/90's. :P

The Zipstick and Quickshot II were my favs BITD and I still have them both. However currently I can't beat the SNES controller with the SNACK adapter. Aside the obvious for games designed to support it's multiple mapped buttons (eg Final Assault), some games that just don't feel right with a joystick feel/respond so much better with the pad. Plus some games, typically vertical shooters, kill my hands after a while when using a joystick.

Gotta say I prefer joystick control with Prince of Persia though. (Damn that game is good:lust:).

Snack adapter?  You've got me interested... There a link to plans or something?  I googled and found an article from this site from like a year ago

5 hours ago, iscariot said:

Snack adapter?  You've got me interested... There a link to plans or something?  I googled and found an article from this site from like a year ago

@iscariot see link in my signature to Irgendwer's thread here on AA. You can buy from him directly. 

Also definitely check out the Final Assault thread, in particular this post here?

Edited by Beeblebrox