IGNORED

Back to our regularly scheduled programming...Just talkin' toys now!

eightbit

Edited on 6/5/2023:

A little over one year ago I had sold one of the below "E-Hobby Black Megatron" sets. I had two and kept one for myself. Well, hard times have befallen and I must sell the second one. Brand new as the first one. The last one was sold for $150 shipped, but times (and shipping costs) have changed in the past year. So, I am asking $175 shipped for this final sealed boxed Megatron. I am leaving the description below the same...as it is another of the same ;)

EDIT: ***SOLD***

Not the normal video game related stuff I sell, but I figured someone here will appreciate this. I am also a toy collector...especially G1 Transformers toys which I grew up on :)

I have a new sealed "E-Hobby" Megatron from Japan. This was an exclusive from 2001 from the Takara E-Hobby shop....their first ever release. It is basically the good old G1 Megatron that everyone remembers as the Walther P-38, but the handle is brown and the barrel is black. I think this was modeled from the original "U.N.C.L.E." toy that Takara created before Megatron was Megatron.....and Hasbro stepped in and took it and changed some of the colors for the Megatron USA release back in the 80's.

PM if interested!

***SOLD***

image.thumb.png.0276a468265e43b9beb5238772fc7741.png

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 7

Offers welcome! 

Its a really nice set. I have two of them ;)

One of course I am keeping. When I purchased these the plan was one on display transformed and one behind it in the box. But, I have too much stuff already and I still don't have them on display after over 20 years...lol!

And, this mold is pretty special in the fact that they can't legally make it anymore. It's OK to sell the old ones on the secondary market as vintage toys, but Takara/Hasbro will never make this again...at least not in the USA.

38 minutes ago, H454 said:

Yup, Gota pretty good deal.

Nice! Yeah, I turned one down a few years ago (locally, MN toy posse toy swap) and always kind of regretted not getting it. Id have trouble keeping in its box though...that one is just begging to be played around with ? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

Nice! Yeah, I turned one down a few years ago (locally, MN toy posse toy swap) and always kind of regretted not getting it. Id have trouble keeping in its box though...that one is just begging to be played around with ? 

Oh, yea! You got to transform them at least once! - But this bad boy is staying closed.

I'd seen a YT review of this one a couple years back and looked around at the prices. Then went umm.. maybe later.

I got that Metal Optimus in the pic for $50 on clearance at Walmart. Wish I had gotten the Megatron that came out a few years later.

Most of the stuff I get now is Target / Walmart whims. Or if something cool comes out on https://us.zavvi.com.

Still looking for a good price on the Ecto-1 transformer. Missed out both hasbro releases. Did get the BTTF Delorean though.

Also, if any body is interested in the Beast wars reissues, some Walmart's have those on clearance. YMMV

1 hour ago, H454 said:

Oh, yea! You got to transform them at least once! - But this bad boy is staying closed.

I'd seen a YT review of this one a couple years back and looked around at the prices. Then went umm.. maybe later.

I got that Metal Optimus in the pic for $50 on clearance at Walmart. Wish I had gotten the Megatron that came out a few years later.

Most of the stuff I get now is Target / Walmart whims. Or if something cool comes out on https://us.zavvi.com.

Still looking for a good price on the Ecto-1 transformer. Missed out both hasbro releases. Did get the BTTF Delorean though.

Also, if any body is interested in the Beast wars reissues, some Walmart's have those on clearance. YMMV

$50 is a fantastic price on that prime. Yeah, Im pretty much the same, mostly impulse buys ? I finally tracked down a working Soundwave cassette player, that was another one of my grails...

20220502_143604.thumb.jpg.77beb07a49b2681e4f8168d9404d72db.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Crazy Climber said:

$50 is a fantastic price on that prime. Yeah, Im pretty much the same, mostly impulse buys ? I finally tracked down a working Soundwave cassette player, that was another one of my grails...

20220502_143604.thumb.jpg.77beb07a49b2681e4f8168d9404d72db.jpg

I had no idea this was even a thing... *drool*

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

I had no idea this was even a thing... *drool*

Yeah, I remember some kid back in the day said Soundwave played real cassettes, when I finally got one, and found out it didn't, I called him a liar, etc... he swore up and down his "friend" had one that DID play cassettes. Flash forward a few decades and I found out yes, there WAS a Soundwave that played real cassettes! Its big, ugly and so bad its good but I had to have one and after a long hunt, I found it ? they're hard to find working...

45 minutes ago, eightbit said:

This is one of my grails. Knock off real working AM Radio. I had this as a kid:

A Transformers Blog - My Life In Collecting: Robotic Radio TS-558 MIB

Damn, now I want this too ? 

• Like 1

Ehh what the hell since I am sharing anyway and nobody but my wife (much to her dismay) and my kids really sees these. Hopefully you guys can see them seeing this phone takes such crap pictures. They look great on the phone, but crap when uploaded. Very frustrating!

IMG_20220512_160638.jpg

IMG_20220512_160649.jpg

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Bratwurst said:

Don't see Starriors stuff that often.

Indeed. My mom used to buy them for me since they were a "budget" toy. I currently have a few on card, a few loose, the snake base, and some other Starriors stuff...the four comics that were released too! 

3 hours ago, eightbit said:

They look great on the phone, but crap when uploaded

Click on 'em and zoom in. They look good to me. I see Fitor in the mix in one shot!

I used to be in love with Transformers. Now I just buy (admittedly) knock-off, chinese stuff or Walmart releases. It's not a value collection I want just something to look at. :) I have the red, black and white Optimus Prime G1 knockoffs for example. (I missed the clear one when it was $35 and I'm not paying $80...) I like to look at them. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR
EDIT : Added
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ClassicGMR said:

Click on 'em and zoom in. They look good to me. I see Fitor in the mix in one shot!

I used to be in love with Transformers. Now I just buy (admittedly) knock-off, chinese stuff or Walmart releases. It's not a value collection I want just something to look at. :) I have the red, black and white Optimus Prime G1 knockoffs for example. (I missed the clear one when it was $35 and I'm not paying $80...) I like to look at them. :)

Hah! Half of my collection is knock-off. The masterpiece figures are legit (Soundwave is behind Megatron as well) and any chance I can get to get legit G1 reissues I do (which is around half of the collection) while the other half are G1 knockoffs that Hasbro or Takara either never reissued or in some rare cases where the official reissue was WORSE than the knockoff...like in the case of the Combaticons set. The Takara reissue is terrible...I had it. That mold is done for. However the knock off is perfect....makes you wonder.

And yes, Fitor holds a personal spot for me. That was the first Gobot I ever owned! I am always on the hunt for more but I only accept absolute mint condition. Those are very hard to come by in great shape.

On the Transformers side I typically only collect G1. That is what I grew up with and what I have nostalgia for. I do pick up off things like some of the MP figures, a Combiner Wars Devastator, some new figures when they look cool. But, mostly it is G1. But I try for new only if possible. 

Scorponok is legit but the headmaster is a high quality KO. I found the body and all weapons from a seller that lost the head, so I was able to score that for real cheap. 

In the case of the Dinobots, the only way to obtain new representations of the G1 figures is to either spend a zillion bucks (if you can find them in that condition) or obtain the KO set for around $150. I opted for the latter and I am glad I did. The only way you can really tell they are KO is the fact that they are just too stiff and "new" to be originals!

• Like 2

My Insecticons are the same as your Dinobots. They're chinese knockoffs but you can't tell unless you were a collector. They're fine for me. :)

7 minutes ago, eightbit said:

On the Transformers side I typically only collect G1. That is what I grew up with and what I have nostalgia for.

100% this. I buy G1 or G1 replicas... or G1 types like the Kingdoms, Studio 86 or Legacy. I won't touch the movie stuff like Studio series. Ech...

This is my Transformers goal:

YES. YES YES.

Edited by ClassicGMR
  • Like 3

Well what do you know. Just checked the mail and the replacement battery for my 8MP Powershot S80 arrived. Old camera that I still say takes better pictures than anything at least I own today (especially cell phones). Here are some better shots, some Starriors, and those little suction cup robots...you know what they are ;)

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1614.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1616.JPG

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, H454 said:

Maybe we should rename this thread "Talking about transforming toys".

And get it moved to general chat or show us your collection.

I'm for it if everyone else is ;) I love toys if you could not tell already...lol.

Edited the title to well...what it has become now!

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 2