IGNORED

Moon Cresta Review

Cousin Vinnie

People have asked me to review Moon Cresta at www.Atari7800Forever.com for years, and tonight was the night history finally happened. After playing the arcade version of Moon Cresta for a bit... it was time, once again, to give the Prosystem one a whirl. I have always hated this game. But over time... did my initial disgust recede? Click the lank to find out, Jeeves. 

http://www.atari7800forever.com/mooncrestar.html

mooncresta1.png

• Like 6

...Because Walter (Gambler172) asked me numerous times to port it :P ;)  Also, being that I remembered the game from the arcades (as is the case with UniWar S), I wanted to see it get a home version.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 9
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

...Because Walter (Gambler172) asked me numerous times to port it :P ;)  Also, being that I remembered the game from the arcades (as is the case with UniWar S), I wanted to see it get a home version.

Did he really? LOLOL. 

In preparing for the review I was blown away at home many games are in their series. The one called Sol Cresta looks really fun. You can combine all three parts into a giant Phoenix that sets everything on fire. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Almost Rice said:

This game is hard to play.  I just picked up a cocktail and wondered how people could get all 3 ships together.  I too want to know how it plays on 7800 as compared to the arcade.

Well.. click the link then! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Almost Rice said:

This game is hard to play.  I just picked up a cocktail and wondered how people could get all 3 ships together.  I too want to know how it plays on 7800 as compared to the arcade.

If you click the link... all mysteries will be answered. I played them both immediately before I wrote the review.

12 hours ago, Zonie said:

Pac Man isn't my thing

Pac Man is not my favorite thing either, but Baby Pac Man is a hybrid game with pinball where the sum is much greater than the sum of its parts. It's better (to me at least) than the actual pinball game its ported from for numerous reasons... and the 7800 was the only port of this game ever. Its so good and unique that I included it in my top 10 games to play on the Atari Fight Stick w/ Track Ball and Spinner video. 

Edited by Cousin Vinnie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1