IGNORED

For sale: TI-99/4A items, Pig In A Poke grab bags

helocast

There comes a time when your solder iron grows up, marries, and leaves home. Some days you also find that dexterity + patience are no longer your friend.

If you're a TI-99/4A owner who's acquired standard PEB interface cards and a few 3rd-party ones after 2010 there's a fair chance you own a card that passed

across my work table for repairs either through private sales or that famous E-seller site where everything is "mint" and overpriced.

Due to the quantity of hardware involved, I've decided to bring back those ©Radio Shack days of Pig-In-A-Poke grab bags if only for a short time as an homage

to those days which once were. Also, handy excuse for saying condition as-is, luck of the draw and the only way I know to get this stuff back into user hands

without creating multiple E-tailer sales and breaking even on the items left in the pipeline that I'm just not up to testing/repairing. I honestly haven't opened

any of them or tested them because that get's the nagging "this should be an easy fix, 20 hours later" scenario started. I do hate to throw the pile out!

Curiosity piqued yet? Well, let's get the listing out of the way by grouping, shall we?

--------------------

SALE1,2

TI Disk Controller - PHP1240

Serial          Manuf/Date

11507         LTA0286

68210         ATA5082

130876       ATA4983

317517       ATA0883

32Kx8 Memory Expansion - PHP1260

41439         ATA2083

48069         ATA2383

50448         ATA2483

315027       ATA0883

RS-232 Interface - PHP1220

37784         ATA4882

and comparable CorComp RS-232 (black shell)

P-Code Ver 4.0 PHP1270

201610       ATA2383

101539       ATA5282

--------------------

SALE3

CorComp FDC Card, REV A.

--------------------

For each of the first two sales, I'll also be throwing in up to two QI console power supplies and Mini Memory Modules gratis. Dates on the power supplies are March - May 1983.

Guarantee the lithium cells in the MMs are long discharged in each. Also two of them look like they came with better intentions attached as somebody changed out the

cell holders on two of them with the wrong part which is too tall for the clamshell to close, but clamshell is still included. The rest of the circuitry/soldering look undisturbed from TI.

I know! There are good-intentioned, strange people out there. For the last sale I'll also be throwing in the fifth odd one out QI power supply gratis.

For SALE 1+2, I guess how this will work/what I'm going to try, is a total of two buyers. $50/card, but must take one from each group for a total of $200 for the sale.

Because there aren't 4 complete card sets for 4 buyers, each buyer will get one additional card from the first two groups (higher chance of at least one being good).

What you do with the spares is up to you. Free postage/shipping INCLUDED to USA buyers only, but if somebody is international and shipping is high we can work something out.

To be more clear, two sales at $200 each and buyer will receive two PHP1240, two PHP1260, one PHP1220 or Corcomp (choice), and finally one PHP1270 ... plus the gratis items

mentioned above. I feel this is fair in that pricing is probably at or below E-tailer on the common cards and below on the less common ones.

For SALE3, best offer minimum $100 or higher.

Okay, I guess now comes the detail(s):

These items come from a smoke-free home for at least the past couple of years (I don't usually record source or date I acquire them). Items have been stored in boxes

with desiccant packets at room temperature after I acquired them.

This is NOT a first come, first serve to prevent buyers and flippers and to give everybody a chance at the sales - the same buyer is not eligible for both sales.

-Please PM in your subject line "SALE1,2 Buy" by midnight CDT Thursday, May 12, 2022. Names will be drawn by me on Friday, May 13, 2022 and you can expect PM follow

up with Paypal address. I'll need your name + physical mailing address so I can hopefully get your sale packed up and out by the weekend with cleared payment.

-Please PM in your subject line "SALE3 with offer (amount)" also by the above deadline (highest offer above $100 wins here) and you can expect PM follow up for my

Paypal address as well as giving me your name + physical mailing address so I can get your sale packed up and out by the weekend with cleared payment.

This will help me sort out the drawing winners each for SALE1 and SALE2 and allow me to easily find the highest offer for SALE3.

Photos are attached as a zip file to prevent media flood inline - please download the AV-scanned attachment to see what you're buying.

Again, you are accepting items as final sale, conditions are "as-is" due to age with no testing performed, no returns, and no "Paypal buyer's remorse" as a copy of this message

will be provided to them if we need to go down that road. (sorry for the necessary? disclaimers)

Nothing else promised except great packing and safe, insured, signature-required deliveries.

Thanks for looking and best of luck!

Doug

TI Pig in Poke.zip

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 12:54 AM, helocast said:

There comes a time when your solder iron grows up, marries, and leaves home. Some days you also find that dexterity + patience are no longer your friend.

If you're a TI-99/4A owner who's acquired standard PEB interface cards and a few 3rd-party ones after 2010 there's a fair chance you own a card that passed

across my work table for repairs either through private sales or that famous E-seller site where everything is "mint" and overpriced.

Due to the quantity of hardware involved, I've decided to bring back those ©Radio Shack days of Pig-In-A-Poke grab bags if only for a short time as an homage

to those days which once were. Also, handy excuse for saying condition as-is, luck of the draw and the only way I know to get this stuff back into user hands

without creating multiple E-tailer sales and breaking even on the items left in the pipeline that I'm just not up to testing/repairing. I honestly haven't opened

any of them or tested them because that get's the nagging "this should be an easy fix, 20 hours later" scenario started. I do hate to throw the pile out!

Curiosity piqued yet? Well, let's get the listing out of the way by grouping, shall we?

--------------------

SALE1,2

TI Disk Controller - PHP1240

Serial          Manuf/Date

11507         LTA0286

68210         ATA5082

130876       ATA4983

317517       ATA0883

32Kx8 Memory Expansion - PHP1260

41439         ATA2083

48069         ATA2383

50448         ATA2483

315027       ATA0883

RS-232 Interface - PHP1220

37784         ATA4882

and comparable CorComp RS-232 (black shell)

P-Code Ver 4.0 PHP1270

201610       ATA2383

101539       ATA5282

--------------------

SALE3

CorComp FDC Card, REV A.

--------------------

For each of the first two sales, I'll also be throwing in up to two QI console power supplies and Mini Memory Modules gratis. Dates on the power supplies are March - May 1983.

Guarantee the lithium cells in the MMs are long discharged in each. Also two of them look like they came with better intentions attached as somebody changed out the

cell holders on two of them with the wrong part which is too tall for the clamshell to close, but clamshell is still included. The rest of the circuitry/soldering look undisturbed from TI.

I know! There are good-intentioned, strange people out there. For the last sale I'll also be throwing in the fifth odd one out QI power supply gratis.

For SALE 1+2, I guess how this will work/what I'm going to try, is a total of two buyers. $50/card, but must take one from each group for a total of $200 for the sale.

Because there aren't 4 complete card sets for 4 buyers, each buyer will get one additional card from the first two groups (higher chance of at least one being good).

What you do with the spares is up to you. Free postage/shipping INCLUDED to USA buyers only, but if somebody is international and shipping is high we can work something out.

To be more clear, two sales at $200 each and buyer will receive two PHP1240, two PHP1260, one PHP1220 or Corcomp (choice), and finally one PHP1270 ... plus the gratis items

mentioned above. I feel this is fair in that pricing is probably at or below E-tailer on the common cards and below on the less common ones.

For SALE3, best offer minimum $100 or higher.

Okay, I guess now comes the detail(s):

These items come from a smoke-free home for at least the past couple of years (I don't usually record source or date I acquire them). Items have been stored in boxes

with desiccant packets at room temperature after I acquired them.

This is NOT a first come, first serve to prevent buyers and flippers and to give everybody a chance at the sales - the same buyer is not eligible for both sales.

-Please PM in your subject line "SALE1,2 Buy" by midnight CDT Thursday, May 12, 2022. Names will be drawn by me on Friday, May 13, 2022 and you can expect PM follow

up with Paypal address. I'll need your name + physical mailing address so I can hopefully get your sale packed up and out by the weekend with cleared payment.

-Please PM in your subject line "SALE3 with offer (amount)" also by the above deadline (highest offer above $100 wins here) and you can expect PM follow up for my

Paypal address as well as giving me your name + physical mailing address so I can get your sale packed up and out by the weekend with cleared payment.

This will help me sort out the drawing winners each for SALE1 and SALE2 and allow me to easily find the highest offer for SALE3.

Photos are attached as a zip file to prevent media flood inline - please download the AV-scanned attachment to see what you're buying.

Again, you are accepting items as final sale, conditions are "as-is" due to age with no testing performed, no returns, and no "Paypal buyer's remorse" as a copy of this message

will be provided to them if we need to go down that road. (sorry for the necessary? disclaimers)

Nothing else promised except great packing and safe, insured, signature-required deliveries.

Thanks for looking and best of luck!

Doug

TI Pig in Poke.zip 12.68 MB · 16 downloads

On 5/22/2022 at 2:54 PM, johnph3 said:

Anything left over from this sale? I'm always interested just saw it too late to get involved.

It never hurts to ask, but everything went out the door back into user's hands. I think there were

six interested on Sale1,2 so I randomly drew names from those and Sale3 went for $175 if I remember.

Thanks for inquiring!

Doug