IGNORED

ATARI XP Games Available Through Limited Run's Website

Gunther

He (Wade Rosen) mentions Adventure.

Its a little scrambled, but it gives the impression that work may be underway on a new Adventure game.

I'm not sure which platform he's speaking about, but I assume that its the 2600 from the article.

Interesting stuff.

They also call Yars' Revenge rare and unreleased, so who knows?

Maybe they meant Yars' Return, and maybe they meant an enhanced label for the new re-release of the existing Adventure.

There's just not enough accurate information, as usual. They need to hire a PR person and an Atari historian, and they need to do it five years ago.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was getting all excited that there was some massive bundle of games coming out for the Atari VCS, but then see physical cartridges and think 'where on my Atari VCS (2020) am I going to fit a cartridge?  I didn't see one when I upgraded the memory.'  :P  This is likely a post in the wrong section?

3 hours ago, leech said:

I was getting all excited that there was some massive bundle of games coming out for the Atari VCS, but then see physical cartridges and think 'where on my Atari VCS (2020) am I going to fit a cartridge?  I didn't see one when I upgraded the memory.'  :P  This is likely a post in the wrong section?

We do get digital copies with the Ltd. Editions for the new VCS (2020). I guess it's tangentially related?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Sadly, widespread reports including from me that the cart is not playing in any of my 2600s.

I popped it in my Retron77 and it didn't work. ☹️ Haven't tried actual hardware - yet. Sounds like there's not much reason to do so.

UPDATE: Doesn't work on my 2600. But the manual does specify a 90 day warranty. Hmmm....

PXL_20220903_211342490.jpg

Edited by rsiddall