IGNORED

CX-22 Trackball Button Switch Repairs

Sean Bruno

I've come into possession of a super clean CX-22 that has failed fire button circuit boards underneath the buttons.  I just did continuity tests on them and they both fail.  Does anyone have a line on replacement or repair processes for these little guys (CO20561-1)?

IMG_0518.jpeg

IMG_0519.jpeg

Edited by Sean Bruno
Adding photos of part.

I assume the dome switches are held in place with mylar tape? So could try cutting that out to make sure there isn't some corrosion on the contact pads that the switch domes touch. And in looking at that... is it the same as what was used on the 7800 side fire buttons on the original CX-24 painline controllers?

This PCB might be a good recreation candidate for PCBWay, JLCPCB, or similar PCB manufacturer. Alternatively, if you're handy with a soldering iron you might be able to jumper the damaged area with some thin wire. As a last resort, you might be able to cut out replacements for the entire trace on each side using Foil Duct Tape available at hardware stores. 

• 3 weeks later...