newtmonkey

Games Beaten In 2022 (classic computing edition)

Posted (edited)

Feel free to post your accomplishments finishing games on classic computing platforms, in 2022!

I'll start:

---

Ultima II: Revenge of the Enchantress (Apple II)

DSC_0691.JPG

I've already completed Ultima I, III, IV, and VII, so it always bothered me that I'd never completed this one.  I have made attempts over the years using various ports, but never got very far.  I decided, then, to sit down and finally get this one over with, and what better version to play than the original* Apple II version? (*People in the know will be able to tell from the screenshot that I played the "Ultima Trilogy I II III" release, which is sort of a "remaster" of the game).

I'm not gonna lie: I followed a walkthrough for this one.  I can't even imagine how many hours upon hours of grinding you'd need to do to save up enough gold to replenish your constantly dwindling HP and food as you explore these massive maps to slowly figure out what you need to do.  Even knowing exactly what to do, I had to grind like crazy to get the point where my character could survive and then finish the game.  The game took less than 10 hours to complete, but 9 hours of that was grinding gold.  It's too bad, because there is a good game somewhere under all this grind.  Although the quest seems completely bizarre and random, there are hints and clues all over the place, and it all fits together pretty well. I really enjoyed figuring out the time gates, for instance.

Anyway, I'm glad to have completed this one.  Next up is Ultima V, so I have something excellent to look forward to!

Edited by newtmonkey
  • Like 1

Well done!

I completed Snokie on the Commodore 64 on the high speed difficulty level.

• Like 1

[mention=50625]bjonte[/mention]
Well done to you as well!  I hadn't heard of that game so I looked it up.  Recommended?

It’s hard but very short so if you want some arcade action that’s possible to complete within a couple of minutes, it’s a good pick.
  • Like 1

I would love to finally beat Kult on the Amiga.  I gave up on that decades ago.  Maybe this can be my year!

• Like 1

I would love to finally beat Kult on the Amiga.  I gave up on that decades ago.  Maybe this can be my year!

I hadn’t heard of that. It sounds interesting!