IGNORED

John Carver Obituary

9640News

9 minutes ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I have fond memories of meeting and talking with John at a few of the Faires in the 90s, and of periodic email exchanges throughout the years. He was quite an interesting person and will be missed :(

Yes, he will be missed.  Definitely an interesting man. I remember the first time I met him at Lima.  He tried coming to the show the year before, but had car problems, missed the show, and took him almost a week to get home.

I provided him an account on GEnie as an assistant sysop for the TI RoundTable until GEnie shut the door back in the 90's.  And then, something like 4 or 5 years ago, I took him a bunch of things over to his place to try and keep him online, and fed for awhile from a number of people's contributions.

My last conversation with him I guess was about a year ago, and was unfortunately brief.  Not sure if I caught him on a bad day, or what, but he wanted to get off the phone as I presumed at the time he was dealing with some kind of personal issue.

Beery

• Like 3

I always found John to be a person I was drawn to talk with at Hugger meetings.

His attendance was always a bit of hit and miss, with the notorious culprit being car problems!

If circumstances where different, I think life would have been kinder to John, the geneve and forth where always passions for him.

• Like 3

Yes, John was my only beta tester on Forth+ for the 9640 Geneve.  He did a thorough job, even found all my typos in the documentation.  We got along splendidly due to both being hooked on forth!  I'm truly sad on this occasion, as I've not had contact with him since I gave up on the Geneve.  Of course, my own medical issues had a lot to do with all of that.  I was certainly glad that he was part of this TI/Geneve community.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2