IGNORED

Prototype for Tempest 2000

PFG 9000

Carl Forhan, also known as Songbird Productions, was kind enough to obtain, rip, and share a prototype of Tempest 2000.  I haven't tried it out yet, but Carl says it is verified to work on a Skunkboard for at least 5-10 minutes, although it may sometimes crash even sitting on the title screen.

I'll try it on the GameDrive when I have time.  Thanks Carl!

T2K940126_dump.ROM

• Like 8

On 5/15/2022 at 12:15 PM, PFG 9000 said:

Carl Forhan, also known as Songbird Productions, was kind enough to obtain, rip, and share a prototype of Tempest 2000.  I haven't tried it out yet, but Carl says it is verified to work on a Skunkboard for at least 5-10 minutes, although it may sometimes crash even sitting on the title screen.

I'll try it on the GameDrive when I have time.  Thanks Carl!

T2K940126_dump.ROM 4 MB · 45 downloads

Damn! Looking at the date embedded on the ROM file, this one was 2-3 months before the final April release.

Dunno if the header is messed up, but if it is, I wonder if the dump is messed up or if it just didn't have a valid header?

I was able to start it up on a Skunkboard, which is effectively the same thing as swapping in the universal header. Works for me for a while. I started a duel game in solo practice mode, and it froze right as the web was flying towards me. Started a T2K mode game and it froze right when I blew up the first enemy.

Edited by cubanismo
Menus do work, had left my BJL cable plugged in by mistake in previous attempt.

I just tested this one out on the Game Drive and the skunkboard myself. It does not load on the Game Drive, it just red screens after the Jaguar logo comes up. Then on the Skunkboard it flashes fine and loads fine initially. When playing a Tempest 2000 game it froze to a full yellow screen after shooting the first enemy. Another time It froze to a black screen after loading the title screen. 

Given it crapped out so soon I couldn't confirm if any differences or not on this one vs the retail rom

***hey on on a side note, while I was adding this rom to my Jag folder I noticed I had another rom of tempest 2000 with Unlimited Lives hacked in. No clue where I got it or when so if anyone was in need of this I am sharing it below. For those who want to play forever and ever without dying

Tempest 2000 (Unlimited Lives).rom

Edited by UHATEIT
added other rom
  • Thanks 1