IGNORED

Model M or Model K?

42bs

9 hours ago, vrocko said:

Good grief! 30+? Well did you at least sell them or give them to others so they can enjoy them like the rest of us? Wow I just couldn't imagine having that many but you are the Songbird founder so you probably had access to many and may have used them for development, modding, testing, etc.  

He has been a vendor for well over 20 years, so it could have been inventory stock back when they could be had for $30 NIB.

• Like 2

I've been playing on my oroginal Jaguar I got in 1995 on clearance at Kaybee Toys here in the states ($29.99). It's the one I've been using basically the whole time and never any issues. Never bothered to flip it over and just did and its an M model. 

Would it have mattered what went out for clearance towards the end of the line or would these have been leftovers from original batches rhat just never sold in the beginning? I noticed one person entitled a switch near the joypad port but mine doesn't have that and never seen one with it and what does the switch do?

I've honestly never had any issues running anything on this thing be it original carts, repros, game drive, Jag CD, skunkboard. Tho people mention how some systems have issues running certain things. 

Edited by UHATEIT

18 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

Usually, it's either a reset button, or a way to switch between 50 Hz and 60 Hz modes.

I had just never seen or heard of a button there before until reading this thread. An extra option for power on and off would be nice for restarting the system for the GD each time. I feel like I'm going to eventually break the normal switch or spring from resetting so much

On 5/19/2022 at 8:32 PM, thanatos said:

He has been a vendor for well over 20 years, so it could have been inventory stock back when they could be had for $30 NIB.

Yes, exactly, although I stupidly passed on most of the KB Toys stock. I can still remember walking into the Mall of America KB Toys and thinking it was so cool to see stacks of Jaguars for sale... then I promptly left them there. ?

I bought most of my Jaguar console inventory from other small Atari dealers who were getting out of the business... one in Colorado and one in Canada although I don't recall either name at this point. Even bought a few from Tiger Direct when they had a Jaguar + AvP + Raiden + maybe one other game for $99 I think.

• Like 3