IGNORED

Fireballoon

Mark2008

The first video is a bit of work in 8-bit Unity, because it has an easy way to play a mod song.

The second video is just a reminder of what this is even about.

Anyway, here is the question, working on the song today.  I just went to modarchive.org and downloaded a song called Gameboy Heaven.

Is this a famous song?   Also, did the conversion work OK?  I don't know, I have no ear for music.  I basically want to do something that is good enough/acceptable/not terribly offensive.

Thanks for the input.

• Like 6

I found out the song is not called "gameboy heaven" but "gameboy sound", and it is originally from the Amiga Demoscene, a 1992 demo called "My life as a Pizza"

The author is Falcon, the demo team Arise.

I have no way to know how it got uploaded to modarchive.org, so I cannot use it.  Pity, it, especially the Amiga version is a nice song.

I have found an attribution-licensed song, called dog56 - I will probably try using that.

although I cannot say that I never finish a project, at one time I had 6 apps on the Apple app store - the reality is, from the first retro project I started back in 2007, Frog Feast for colecovision - is I failed to ever get the sound correct.   And all apps since then haven't had the sound finished.

This is why, to me the easy rmt player built into 8-bit unity is so cool.  If I could download a mod, convert it to rmt, and then have the theme to a game solved - that would be absolutely huge, that has been a major roadblock over the years.   Well, I will go ahead with dog56, even if my preference is "gameboy sound" but anyway - I seriously doubt I could ever track down falcon to get his permission.

• Like 1