IGNORED

history.blueskyrangers.com update

I finally got around to doing a fairly major update, getting the non-Atari2600 M-Network titles and information ported over from the old site, with format changes, etc. It all hooks in under the base M-Network page at https://history.blueskyrangers.com/mnetwork/index.html

I still have to move over some of the unreleased 1984 title information, and will probably try to start on that soon.

Please let me know if you see any problems on the new stuff, or on old stuff that I haven't fixed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, Tempest said:

Thank you for doing this.  I love reading the history site.

I'm just sorry (and a little embarrassed) that it took almost five years to get it all over to the new site. (at least I think I got it all)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BSRSteve said:

I'm just sorry (and a little embarrassed) that it took almost five years to get it all over to the new site. (at least I think I got it all)

Moving sites is a huge task.  I can't even begin to imagine the work that has to go into making sure all the new pages are functional.  I've thought about redoing my site several times but after I looked at the amount of effort involved I decided against it.

Out of curiosity, have all the Mattel/INTV prototypes that still exist been found and released now?  Or is it possible some of these missing prototypes still exist somewhere in the 'archives'?

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Out of curiosity, have all the Mattel/INTV prototypes that still exist been found and released now?  Or is it possible some of these missing prototypes still exist somewhere in the 'archives'?

While I think I can say there is nothing else "in the archives", I cannot say for sure that no programmer has a copy of something. Of course, after all of these years, some T-Cards, etc may no longer be functional. I have had some fail, myself.

And actually, I guess I am not sure about some of the rom images I have (as to whether they have been released or not)

Edited by BSRSteve

52 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

And actually, I guess I am not sure about some of the rom images I have (as to whether they have been released or not)

Do you have a list of all the rom images you have?  I understand some can't be released due to copyright reasons and what not, but maybe there's something new that can be released?

53 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

While I think I can say there is nothing else "in the archives", I cannot say for sure that no programmer has a copy of something.

Have the BSR made attempts to track down former programmers and see if they might still have something?  I'd hate to see the last copy of a game lost forever due to bit rot or being thrown out.  I'm seen that happen too many times on the Atari side of things.

3 hours ago, Special Teams said:

Star Strike is a bitch to get.

Really?  I guess I got lucky as I got it cheap in a lot with a bunch of other M-Network games.  It was even boxed.

Actually this is the second time I've owned a boxed Star Strike.  I got my first one the same way. 

12 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

I thought I had done the unreleased Atari 2600 M-Network games, but noticed yesterday that I had not. They are up now.

The Anteater picture has a glitch in the score.  Older emulators had this problem.  You can see the correct picture on my site (http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/anteater/anteater.htm).  Feel free to use any pictures you'd like.

Any chance the two AD&D roms might be released?

6 minutes ago, BSRSteve said:

I don't know where those are. I am pretty sure that I don't have them.

Interesting.  They were shown at the CGE show in 1999, I wonder what happened to them after that?  Several of those unreleased 2600 games were shown at that show, I assumed you inherited the roms when you took over the INTV history stuff.