IGNORED

Worst Box Art

Octavius King did a ranking of her favorite bad cover art.  Across all the consoles she covered, Intellivision's Dracula made it onto the list.  While I do agree with some of her complaints about the image, I don't think that Dracula has the worst art.  What Intellivision game do you think has the worst art?

ca76cbb1e63cf5e063dcc8fdd5f8ed25.jpg.666900d6d4a3223519e04e0265b5a707.jpg

I'd stake Dracula as being in the bottom 5 for box art. Not sure I'd have it as the absolute worst though.

I would say all of the Atarisoft boxes hit the bottom 3. Just really boring in general and a bad design that minimizes the artwork up in the corner of the box.

cent-000.jpg

INTV Corp. Pac Man suffers the same fate as it tried to merge the classic Intellivision design with Atari's concept. Would have been ok had they just used an entire graphic for the art instead of cutting it half off for a plain pink field with some text.

pac-001.jpg

You could make a case for the Colecovision releases as being kind of dull as well but I enjoy seeing the original arcade cabinets too much to put them that low.

carn-000.jpg

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

Lol. On the contrary, all Sears box art is amazing in its own special late 70's, early 80's kind of way. 

Agreed. I liked the Sears box art in general. It had it's own style and personality.

1 hour ago, cmadruga said:

I guess the AC was broken in the ship.

Blockade Runner - Intellivision (Pre-owned) – A & C Games

That's not too bad compared to this...

s-l300.jpg.3d3112c3fd63cfa115f0e5112474101f.jpg

Ok they had to been on drugs to draw that. Someone should make that actual game lol And who woulda thunk Pac-Man is buck toothed!? :rolling::rolling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

I haven't really thought about this topic so I have to do a bit of thinking about the worst but is there any argument at all as to which one is the creepiest? 

9FCC333A-F79D-44CA-B75E-D6A7EFD71189.jpeg

"For the love of God, monsignor..."

• Haha 2

I don't think the Blockade Runner art is bad per se, just that the clothing on the astronauts (I guess that's what they are anyway) was an odd choice. I guess sex sells is what they were thinking?

Sears Night Stalker wouldn't be bad if the The Man hadn't been drawn so... oddly. The rest of the art is really good, especially the Black Widow.

The Interplay version of Sewer Sam is bleak to say the least, lol... but it's still well done.

As a kid the Bumpnjump box disappointed me.  Not only was it the only one I had that wasn't gatefold, the box art was sub-par.  I also thought the Coleco boxes were ugly.

21124-bump-n-jump-intellivision-front-co

Edit:

That Sewer Sam prototype box art wasn't actually used in production, was it?

Edited by mr_me

52 minutes ago, mr_me said:

As a kid the Bumpnjump box disappointed me.  Not only was it the only one I had that wasn't gatefold, the box art was sub-par.  I also thought the Coleco boxes were ugly.

21124-bump-n-jump-intellivision-front-co

Edit:

That Sewer Sam prototype box art wasn't actually used in production, was it?

No they did change it to one that was far less disturbing although the Blockade Runner one is essentially the same. 

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

No box with a Trans Am on the cover could possibly be that bad! Even if it is the 79 edition.

1979-pontiac-trans-am

Of course, nothing compares to the 1977 Trans Am**

1931506_70639828420_4172395_n.jpg?_nc_ca

**I'm not gonna to say that's me in high school. But I'm not gonna to say that's not me in high school either.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Octavius King did a ranking of her favorite bad cover art.  Across all the consoles she covered, Intellivision's Dracula made it onto the list.  While I do agree with some of her complaints about the image, I don't think that Dracula has the worst art.  What Intellivision game do you think has the worst art?

ca76cbb1e63cf5e063dcc8fdd5f8ed25.jpg.666900d6d4a3223519e04e0265b5a707.jpg

I Like The Silver and Color bars of Imagic, only bad is the picture, I think Coleco had many ugly ones to choose.