IGNORED

Extended Basics Which one?

videofx

11 minutes ago, videofx said:

Can  anyone please tell me why XB 2.9 GEM won t run on my black TI99? It does however work on my beige TI99

Thanks!

That is a good question, are you using a FinalGROM I would assume?

Do other XB versions work?

34 minutes ago, RXB said:

RXB ... XB ... XB 2.9 ... SXB and XB3 ...

All of these are available as images that can be loaded into a GRAM Kracker, GRAMulator, Maximem, Supermodul II, HSGPL, GSIM, or FinalGROM as soft cartridges, and you can load them into an UberGROM to make permanent physical cartridges of each of them. They are on emulated GROMs, but they are still true cartridges, so your point there is valid, @RXB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Most XB, images have 2, .BIN files. One ending in G, and one ending in C, some may have a third file, ending in D, as well.:ponder:

OK I have the G and C how do I load 2 separate files into the Gram Kracker?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, videofx said:

I want to use the Gram Kracker to test. In my black Ti99 with Finalgrom XB 2.9 GEM locks up. So I want to test with the gram kracker to see if I get the same results 

Everything is the same 32K in PEB and finalgrom, only difference is black vs beige ti99

I don't know much about the Gram Kracker. How many 8K banks of rom does it support? I think XB 2.9 G.E.M. has 18 actual 8K banks and Greg had me pad it out with blank pages to 512K of rom.

Black vs beige is a mystery. Some of the beige consoles are v2.2 which eliminates the ROM cartridges, but since this starts in grom, I cannot see what difference that would make.

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 1

The GRAM Kracker supports two RAM/ROM banks and 5 GRAM/GROM banks in the unexpanded (56K) configuration. Upgrading it to the 80K version adds the first three GROMs in the set, for a total of 8 GRAM/GROM banks (no changes on the ROM/RAM side, so XB 2.9 won't run in it). Currently, the only other GROM device that supports more than four ROM banks in a single GROM Base is the UberGROM (and most of the others only support two).

• Like 2

On 5/28/2022 at 6:17 AM, fabrice montupet said:

When I program in TI Extended Basic, I use an emulator and to be more precise I use two ones : TI994AW et Classic99. I find TI994AW and Classic99  complementary:  Among several advantages, the first one permits me to program and simulate the game at the speed it will run when compiled and the second permits me to see the blanking Sprites (so I can modify my programs code to reduce the blanking effect)

I also use the tools XB256/XB 2.9 G.E.M. for programming and compiling, Magellan to define characters and to draw screens, TI99dir for files management, HxD to hex edit files in some cases, ModuleCreator or EA5toCart to be able to use the program as a cartridge. I also use TIimageTool and HxCFloppyEmulator for floppies. Since some days, I use MuseCore4A.

The goal is always to be able to use programs on the real computer.

All these programs are great and I thank you again all the authors.

When I find something that works for me I am very reluctant to change. But for what it's worth, there are now two tools that allow you to create a module directly from the compiler. These are described in Using XBGDP.PDF on page 9.

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

When I find something that works for me I am very reluctant to change. But for what it's worth, there are now two tools that allow you to create a module directly from the compiler. These are described in Using XBGDP.PDF on page 9.

Can I get the compiler to work on my Ti99?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, videofx said:

OK I have the G and C how do I load 2 separate files into the Gram Kracker?

No GRAMKRACKER requires GROM and ROM files for XB or other XB variants, some will not work in GRAMKRACKER anymore.

For example RXB 2020E was the last Versions I put out with only 2 ROMs.

All later versions have 3 ROMs thus can not be loaded into GRAMKRACKER.

Also GRAMKRACKER requires a different set of files to load.

In the uploaded Zip file here your will find a folder named RXB GRAM Creation and in the folder is RXBGRAM to RXBGRAM6

These are the files for GRAMKRACKER to load.

RXB ROMs.7z

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RXB said:

No GRAMKRACKER requires GROM and ROM files for XB or other XB variants, some will not work in GRAMKRACKER anymore.

For example RXB 2020E was the last Versions I put out with only 2 ROMs.

All later versions have 3 ROMs thus can not be loaded into GRAMKRACKER.

Also GRAMKRACKER requires a different set of files to load.

In the uploaded Zip file here your will find a folder named RXB GRAM Creation and in the folder is RXBGRAM to RXBGRAM6

These are the files for GRAMKRACKER to load.

RXB ROMs.7z 238.68 kB · 0 downloads

@RXB Thanks for that but I don't see the folder RXB GRAM creation. All I have is whats in the screen shot.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 11.30.36 AM.png