IGNORED

7800 EU parts etc

atarilux

Hi,

For the 800XL I have, there are many small companies in the EU which sell anything from power adaptors, to things like the Side Cartridge. Please can you let me know your recommendations for similar hardware and software suppliers for the 7800 in the EU? I would urgently like to get a new PSU (although I am aware it has a strange port on it). I also replaced the rather old one I had the computer for fear of failure and fire etc.

If you cannot find a replacement PSU with the necessary connector on it and do not want to replace the connector on the PCB to keep it in factory condition what you could do is cut the connector end of the cable from an original PSU off, leaving about 4 inches (10cm) of cable attached and solder that to a line socket like this one or, if you do not want to solder you could try this type where you just have to strip off a little of the insulation and push the wires in.

Thereby creating an adaptor that will allow you to use one of several off the self power units of the correct voltage and current specification, not as neat an using an original PSU but probably more practical in the long run, just make sure you get the correct connector size to match that of the new power unit (usually either 2.1mm or 2.5mm) and that you connect the polarity correctly.  

On 5/26/2022 at 10:13 PM, atarilux said:

Hi,

For the 800XL I have, there are many small companies in the EU which sell anything from power adaptors, to things like the Side Cartridge. Please can you let me know your recommendations for similar hardware and software suppliers for the 7800 in the EU? I would urgently like to get a new PSU (although I am aware it has a strange port on it). I also replaced the rather old one I had the computer for fear of failure and fire etc.

Possible solution: New Power supply - Atari 7800