IGNORED

Mini Console Variants / Atgames etc

Zap1982

I know mini consoles and clones are not as prestigious as their original counterparts but I have been thinking lately.. when it comes to an OG console, there are lists of variants, serial numbers, different packages etc.

Has there ever been done similar for the dedicated stuff from the likes of atgames or blaze etc?

Just curious, I spotted a firecore genesis / megadrive recently claiming to be "early 10 game version" - I see a few cosmetic differences and yes it only has x10 games but can't really find any info on it at all. It really did make me wonder if any database for variants of this kind of console exist..

Thanks for this, I have had a good search but can't seem to find any of the firecore systems.

The one I found (and have on its way) I can't find anything on, the ten included games are curious too, not just because the others have at least 15, 30 or 80 that I can see but no mainline Sonics, no Alex Kidd.. its a strange selection.

Screenshot_20220529-190746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-190800_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Zap1982
Pics

10 hours ago, Defender_2600 said:

This unit looks like one of the first editions released for the Asian - Japanese market.

It does? There is no packaging with it I know that much but perhaps when it is here I might be able to see from labels etc. Ill upload some more pics when I have it. Ill try and look up Japanese / Asian release then and see if I can find more.

18 hours ago, Zap1982 said:

Thanks for this, I have had a good search but can't seem to find any of the firecore systems.

The one I found (and have on its way) I can't find anything on, the ten included games are curious too, not just because the others have at least 15, 30 or 80 that I can see but no mainline Sonics, no Alex Kidd.. its a strange selection.

Screenshot_20220529-190746_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220529-190800_Samsung Internet.jpg

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/sega-megadrive-console-2-player-streets-of-rage-special-edition/19261913